Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recommended this little video by a friend, and have had it playing in the background all day, and I have learned so much!

This may be old news to some of you, but it may be brand new to you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I first seen that video last February preparing myself for a second season on my bike. It`s an amazing one, really good way to improve your riding.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it is a lot, and I have been working, so I have not been 100% absorbing it all. It is certainly a technical video, so more attention is needed to really "get" it all. You are right, it is based on the Keith Code book Twist of the Wrist II.

A few of the bullets I have absorbed though:

• Throttle control is KEY. Smooth roll on and roll off is the key to control in a corner.
  • Counter steering is the only way to steer the bike. There is no such thing as steering with the body.
  • Being loose and easy with your hands keep your bike stable. Rigidity will unsettle the bike and amplify the feeling.
  • Chopping the throttle when cornering ruins your turn line as the bike actually needs the throttle to keep it's line.
  • Lead with your head and eyes without actually turning the bike. We tend to go where we look, and training yourself to be able to look without turning will allow you to more accurately hit your apex.
  • More and more and more
So much good info!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Awesome video! I like how they back up what they say with actual numbers.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Thanks NickJ. I recommend the Twist of the Wrist books to all riders, especially sport riders. Been a long time since I’ve read them, I should again. If I recall right I thought his style was a little annoying at times and I didn’t always agree (not that I’m an expert) but a lot of great content and agree or not it gets you thinking.

Keith Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I see he has been busy since writing the Twist books, notably saving Marines that are sport bike newbies from stupid crashes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Yea, we teach that you should be light enough on the bars that it's like shaking hands with a baby. Pretty much anymore than that and you are too tight on the bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts