Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to thank you all for making me feel welcome here. Been a couple years without a bike and over 10 years since I've been on a forum like this. I love my FZ09 and talking with all of you lets me know I'm not alone. I'm sure I've pissed some people off ( sorry Chasem I was only pokin' fun) but I enjoy giving my two cents and I'm sarcastic what can I say. Steve you'll be glad to know I wear a bright RED jacket all the time. Lucky Devil your new avatar makes me want to be a used car salesman. Beck I'm probably old enough to be your father so brush your teeth and go to bed. Horsman your pictures and videos make me laugh even when I'm having the worst day. My thanks to you guys and all you others on this forum for renewing my love of motorcycling. Wheelie on dudes!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I just wanted to thank you all for making me feel welcome here. Been a couple years without a bike and over 10 years since I've been on a forum like this. I love my FZ09 and talking with all of you lets me know I'm not alone. I'm sure I've pissed some people off ( sorry Chasem I was only pokin' fun) but I enjoy giving my two cents and I'm sarcastic what can I say. Steve you'll be glad to know I wear a bright RED jacket all the time. Lucky Devil your new avatar makes me want to be a used car salesman. Beck I'm probably old enough to be your father so brush your teeth and go to bed. Horsman your pictures and videos make me laugh even when I'm having the worst day. My thanks to you guys and all you others on this forum for renewing my love of motorcycling. Wheelie on dudes!
"Old" did someone mention old?

I resemble that remark at age 61.

Age is kinda of a misnomer. I have an 18 year old trapped inside this semi fossilized old guy frame.

My odometer has turned over a few times and is now approaching the 400k mark.

I feel the same as you. I really enjoy the bike and hanging on this forum.

Oh and as you mentioned, don't forget the wheelies!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: freudflintstone

·
Registered
429 Posts
Judging by the age poll we did awhile back, most of you guys could be my dad. :cool:
Haha agreed. I didn't realize I bought an old guy's bike until I found that poll right after I bought mine. If this bike is any indication of what it's like to get old, then bring it on! (My dad is 67 and rides a 49cc Zuma. EEK!)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Haha agreed. I didn't realize I bought an old guy's bike until I found that poll right after I bought mine. If this bike is any indication of what it's like to get old, then bring it on! (My dad is 67 and rides a 49cc Zuma. EEK!)
Not an old guy's bike... It's an adrenaline junky's bike.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Thanks for the shout-out.......I bet that Red Jacket looks great over the Black FZ-09 Darkside Shirt too:cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
This is an absolutely great forum for sure, and that's one of the reasons we aren't too tolerant of name calling (serious name calling.....joking is pretty much a given), and making someone feel like they don't belong. Welcome aboard and we hope you are truly enjoying the place as much as most of the rest of us are.

Reactions: EdVR and Da Braddah

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Are we classifying "old" as if you have to get up more than once a night to take a piss? If so - i'll take being young ATM :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My FZ was practically driving itself today... on a cruise I don't even think about tip-in anymore, it just seems to happen on its own...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts