Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped up at Nick's laboratory today and had my ECU flashed. Wow. Like all the others who have had this done, it makes this amazing little bike even more fantastic! On/off jerkiness? Gone. Too hard engine braking? gone. Just the difference in throttle control is worth every dollar. Thanks again!!! P.S.- What a nice guy too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've done the same thing. Meet Nick in person at Thursday this week and have my ECU flashed. No new comment but like every review you've read. I can definitely enjoy the bike more, clutchless shift and down shift while braking is way easier to achieve smoothly. And yes he is a very nice guy to talk with. I'll bother Nick again when my time comes to do my suspension. Thanks Nick! Can't be more happy with the "limited edition" Stoltec ECU.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Mine was shipped to Nick yesterday. He'll have it by Wednesday and I hope to have it reinstalled the following week:cool:

Reactions: DTM74

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine was shipped to Nick yesterday. He'll have it by Wednesday and I hope to have it reinstalled the following week:cool:
Wrestled that ECU out today, it goes to Nick tomorrow. Any idea on value of the unit for shipping insurance purposes?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Wrestled that ECU out today, it goes to Nick tomorrow. Any idea on value of the unit for shipping insurance purposes?
I declared $300 but realized afterward I was probably too low. Mine went Fed-X so they track every step. I'll pray a lot:)

·
Registered
619 Posts
partsharkworld.com has it for $528.01

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
102 Posts
I received my ECU back from Nick today. I sent it last Thursday so first, fantastic service from AZ to PA & back. Nick turned it around within a couple hours of receiving it. I was going to wait until I went on vacation later this month to have it done but recent events had me step up my schedule a little. The re-flash was everything promised, a HUGE increase in ridability. The biggest problem I had stock was finishing a turn. Getting on the gas before the bike was almost completely upright would upset the bike no matter how careful I was. Now turn exits are very controllable. I'm sure as I get a few more miles on I'll find more benefits. To me it was worth every $ and more.

So to the whiners that started and perpetuated the many page pissing match in the ECU thread I've got one thing to say: nana nana boo boo, stick your head in doo doo, cuz I got a better flash than you!

·
Registered
260 Posts
partsharkworld.com has it for $528.01
Got up early this a.m. to box up the ecu and grabbed a retail price off the internet ($716). Did not see your post until a now. The damn insurance from USPS was more than the freight charge!

·
Registered
429 Posts
[strike]Nick, what date are you going to stop offering the reflash? I only have 150 miles on my bike and NEEEED to take advantage. How soon (mileage) can I get the reflash? I'm very local to you (just south of allentown) and would definitely make the trip on a thursday to see you.[/strike]

DOH! :facepalm:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stopped up at Nick's laboratory today and had my ECU flashed. Wow. Like all the others who have had this done, it makes this amazing little bike even more fantastic! On/off jerkiness? Gone. Too hard engine braking? gone. Just the difference in throttle control is worth every dollar. Thanks again!!! P.S.- What a nice guy too!
Where is Nick's shop because I live in Berks County, PA and would love to get my ECU flashed as well. I have looked online, but at $500 it is a expensive mod.

·
Registered
520 Posts
[strike]Nick, what date are you going to stop offering the reflash? I only have 150 miles on my bike and NEEEED to take advantage. How soon (mileage) can I get the reflash? I'm very local to you (just south of allentown) and would definitely make the trip on a thursday to see you.[/strike]

DOH! :facepalm:
I hear he's a sweetheart... Just beg him on the phone or email until he says yes adter he stops... And promise him you wont tell anyone he did it for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts