Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange to say, I wasn't aware of the FZ-09 until recently. Read about it on another forum and started searching and landed here. My name is Tom, and I have been riding since 1968. Currently I have a Dyna, a KLR650 and an R1200RT. Looked at Triumph's Street and Speed Triples, but they just didn't thrill me. The FZ appears to be a perfect combo of the Street and Speed models with better, for me that is, ergonomics. My local Dealer already has my name in the system to contact for a demo ride when they arrive in September. I have owned plenty of naked bikes, including recently, a KTM Duke 690, and the FZ looks better to me than any previously owned motorcycle of its style. The next few months of speculation and questions here, will be fun.... tomp

Reactions: El Chorizo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Strange to say, I wasn't aware of the FZ-09 until recently. Read about it on another forum and started searching and landed here. My name is Tom, and I have been riding since 1968. Currently I have a Dyna, a KLR650 and an R1200RT. Looked at Triumph's Street and Speed Triples, but they just didn't thrill me. The FZ appears to be a perfect combo of the Street and Speed models with better, for me that is, ergonomics. My local Dealer already has my name in the system to contact for a demo ride when they arrive in September. I have owned plenty of naked bikes, including recently, a KTM Duke 690, and the FZ looks better to me than any previously owned motorcycle of its style. The next few months of speculation and questions here, will be fun.... tomp
Hey Tom, welcome to the site. I don't currently own a bike but I have in the past. I have a deposit down on a Honda Grom right now but the FZ09 sure is interesting :)

Austin resident here.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Living in Austin will allow you to have a blast on either the Grom or the FZ. Living in the Houston area, the Honda would be a waste of money for me...Just nowhere to enjoy it. The FZ though...tp

·
Registered
21 Posts
Living in Austin will allow you to have a blast on either the Grom or the FZ. Living in the Houston area, the Honda would be a waste of money for me...Just nowhere to enjoy it. The FZ though...tp
Yah, if you were downtown Houston I think you'd be fine... but not if you have to hit the interstates/highways.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome Tom! Glad to have you on the site! I think that we are all a little anxious to swing a leg over one of these things. I sure hope that the motor is as torquey as they are claiming!

I am a Triumph Bonnie rider, and I am looking for something with a little more aggressive riding stance, but I don't think I want to (READ: my girlfriend won't let me) get a straight up sport bike. I have riden an R6 and R1, and have never had that much fun in a parking lot with my pants on...

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I had a T100 a few years ago, traded it for a Sprint ST 1050. Big mistake. Great triple, bad ergos. The FZ will compliment the Bonneville very well. Kinda like cousins. tp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts