Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My posts get taken down on the mt07 forumso ill post it up here

I got my cams back from web cams and will be testing them to see gains. Hopefully with results in the next week or two. Hoping to be able to get valve shims locally today. If not ill have to order them

They did a custom grind for me and if they work out well I will have package deals available with them.

It required me sending in my cams. They added material and then did a regrind. The base circle is about .20 mm smaller then it was on each cam so I need to replace all the shims.

excited to see if I can get over 85 rwhp on pump gas, right now im at 80 with the graves exhaust , HORD intake and my tune.

stay tuned.....

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll make a guess ,3 hp gain
considering how conservative the stock cams are on the 7, im going to guess more than 3

LMFAO, I read web cam and thought... well... web cam! "Why da fuuu is vcyclenut adding a web cam to his MT?? web live streaming??"
lol, bringing whole new meaning to FLASHED by vcyclenut

·
Registered
347 Posts
LMFAO, someone is lacking on the InterWebs Lurking skillzzz!

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
always a good feeling when doing something like this and the bike starts right up and has no leaks or funny noises. will finish putting it all together tomorrow and start data logging for tuning, probably wont get to the dyno till the end of the week as I have a pretty busy week coming up

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
being held up because of the new slipper clutch I also installed

During the rebuild I also installed a slipper clutch. The total height of the clutch stack is important to proper function. Mine was a little over spec so the clutch would not fully disengage. I took it for a couple data logging rides and was surprised how large some of the needed corrections were. Bike felt good but my butt dyno is totally screwed as I havent ridden the bike in almost 2 months and my other bikes are all extremely fast so I cant say it felt fast , lol. I dont want to dyno it until the clutch is fixed.

If anyone else is ever setting up a slipper clutch and runs into this same issue, the stock mt07 and mt09 metal clutch plates are 2.0 MM thick. The stock clutch plates on the 700 raptor are 1.8 mm thick so I am replacing 1 mt07 plate with 1 raptor plate and this will bring it into spec. Hopefully the plate will be here today but maybe tomorrow

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
holy shit paper towels!!

first dyno, is flash, graves full system, hord intake vs flash, graves, Hord and new cams. Lost a little on the bottom notice how low i started the runs which is ridiculous for 100% throttle pulls but i wanted to be able to test the whole rpm. Look at those gains on top!!!!! hells to the yea, ive never been so excited about 86 hp lol. nice flat torque curve. She is going to be super fun on the track and surprise some people for sure

next is comparing it to stock , which is even more impressive when you look how early the gains start!

these were custom grind cams for me and I am now a dealer for them so I will be able to sell these if anyone is interested. Its a shame the fz07 forum removes my posts so I cant share this over there

·
Registered
349 Posts
That’s a actually really impressive !! Why do they delete your posts ? Wouldn’t they want good reliable information on their forum ? Seems silly

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That’s a actually really impressive !! Why do they delete your posts ? Wouldn’t they want good reliable information on their forum ? Seems silly
Thanks!

Because I am not a forum sponsor. So even though I do not advertise my flash they tell me I am trying to attract attention to myself and because everyone knows who I am that I am advertising.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Impressive top end gains ,I did not see that coming from a .20 bump ,what's the cost of the cams ,do you have to send them yours ?

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Impressive top end gains ,I did not see that coming from a .20 bump ,what's the cost of the cams ,do you have to send them yours ?

cost is $875, they are a custom grind that will have to be ordered through me im working on putting them on the website

yes they are regrind so you have to send them stock cams

1 - 20 of 20 Posts