Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may be following the build thread, so this is essentially a rehash. I made this primarily to suit my own needs. However, I've gotten a few emails today from members interested in such a kit. So the question is if enough interest is out there to justify taking this further.

Don't mind the hose that is shown in these pictures; only there for fit-up purposes.

The factory cap protector is left in-tact...or it can be removed.

From the back (don't mind the fuzzy photo - both I and the camera were burned out):

Based on the numbers I've seen to date, the relocation kit price should fall into the mid-high $30's and includes the bracket, hardware, and a replacement hose (no need to permanently modify any of your stock parts).

At the same time, I'm going to make some block-off plates for the passenger foot peg mounts. I'm toying around with including these in the brake res relocation kit, or as an option (for those who wish to retain the passenger footpegs). But as a product, is there any interest? Nothing fancy - just something to clean up the tab and hide the holes.

Share your thoughts!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bring it on!
Personally, I would pass on the plates. I may be putting the pegs back on from time to time to take the lady for a spin.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Even though Peggy and I both ride our own bikes, I never take the passenger pegs off of either one of them, just in case we are out riding somewhere and something happens to one or the other bike. We can park the disabled one and at least ride two up to get some help or my truck/trailer and bring the bike home.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'd be up for the relocation kit, but not the plates (already started working on my own). :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If its the right price i would be interested. It doesnt look like it does, but does it interfere with your leg? It looks a lot better!

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If its the right price i would be interested. It doesnt look like it does, but does it interfere with your leg? It looks a lot better!
No interference with the rider's leg. Getting the placement right took many iterations to tuck it away from the boot without impeding the swingarm's motion. I'll grab a picture when I get a chance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was planning on doing this so I'm interested.

Someone I was chatting with said I could also do a rear brake reservoir delete which seemed pretty neat. Probably have to keep an eye on it a bit more, but cool thought nonetheless.

How did you go about breaking the seal for the bolts on the brackets?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I was planning on doing this so I'm interested.

Someone I was chatting with said I could also do a rear brake reservoir delete which seemed pretty neat. Probably have to keep an eye on it a bit more, but cool thought nonetheless.

How did you go about breaking the seal for the bolts on the brackets?
Allen sockets with a long ratchet was a breeze. The locktite is the serious blue type.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
A decent allen head that is hardened and not rounded on the edges or you will surely round out the head because the threadlocker makes it hard to get out. Short allen keys will not work on those bolts.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Where could I find a good socket like that? I've checked at Lowe's and other similar places, but they all seem to have rounded points near the tip of the bit.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
You can always buy a rounded tip allen bit and carefully cut it off with a 32 tooth hacksaw blade.........using some thread cutting oil and a dose of patience.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts