Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

What muffler configuration are you interested in?

• X-cone w/ carbon end cap

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Aluminum w/ SS end cap

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Aluminum Dark w/ SS end cap

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Aluminum White w/ SS end cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titanium w/ carbon end cap

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Carbon w/ carbon end cap

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Aluminum w/ carbon end ap

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Aluminum Dark w/ carbon end cap

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Aluminum White w/ carbon end cap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've been kicking around the idea of carrying some select exhaust systems. It's really the only void we have in our line up for the FZ-09, XSR900, and FJ-09 from a performance perspective. So that said, the debate is on Arrow exhausts. For those who have been around for a while, you may recall this was the first exhaust we ran on our project FZ-09 (before the Akrapovic Carbon and Akrapovic Titanium).

All in all, they make a quality product and there are a plethora of options when it comes to muffler design (style, finish, end cap) and header (catalyzed and non-catalyzed). Since we'll be importing these from Italy, we're trying to put feelers out there to get an idea on which options we should stock. As a result, we're kicking around the idea of running a group buy since we'll be placing an initial order anyway. You don't even need to buy for an FZ-09 on this buy...

If you're interested in pricing, send us a PM. If you have a strong opinion on the style of muffler you're interested in, please vote now!

We need 5 parties to commit so that we can move out on this. The running list is:

1. Slowpoke
2. Sporti

Update:
For anyone on the fence, we'll be running a combo promo with our FT-ECU flashing kit w/ Active Tuning. As always, we'll provide our baseline throttle maps to get you started. This will give you complete control over the ECU! For details, see here:

FT-ECU Flashing Kit | Stoltec Moto
and
FT-ECU Active Tuning Kit | Stoltec Moto

PM or email us for the combo pricing!

·
Super Moderator
5,667 Posts
Hey Nick, I didn't vote in the poll since I already have one from the original group buy back in late 2013/early 2014, but I have to say that I still love the looks and sound of the titanium muffler with the carbon end cap.

Reactions: Stoltec Moto

·
Super Moderator
5,667 Posts
It was a little on the loud side for my tastes, but at least on the track, the Arrow uncorked was a beautiful thing!
I started the bike a week or so ago while our new puppy was outside. The look on his face was priceless!

Reactions: Stoltec Moto

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,695 Posts
It was a little on the loud side for my tastes, but at least on the track, the Arrow uncorked was a beautiful thing!
Is there a dB killer available on these? I love the look of the Arrows, but I don't need the whole neighborhood to know when I'm riding by...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Count me in for the x cone with the catalytic converter header. I would like to get this soon so I can have it on and ready to ride when the weather breaks.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,695 Posts
im shocked Ti/CF itsnt way out in the lead. i mean thats really the gold standard for any exhaust system.
I based my vote on aluminum being cheaper than Ti or CF. if that's incorrect, I'd be more than happy with Ti (and the CF end cap).

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, here's the deal everyone. If you're interested, we need to know it! We're going to need at least 5 buyers to make the international freight worthwhile. I'm updating the original post with a list of who's committed. Right now, we're at 1.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts