Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo I've been looking for an FZ-09 to test ride and finally found a demo unit in New Hampshire. 1.5 hours from me.
I'm planning on riding my Hyosung GT650r there on Saturday with the girlfriend on the back hopefully they will let us test it two up and with just me on it. It should be 45 degrees on saturday afternoon.

I test rode an FZ1 last weekend and the rear suspension seemed a little soft. The power/smoothness of the engine was ridiculous compared to my Hyosung though.

Anything I should pay attention to during my test ride?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're not going to like it riding 2-up.... But once you're on it by yourself, you'll love this bike.
It can't be worse then what I currently ride two up. I'm not expecting a gold wing but it should be an improvement of the Hyo GT650r.

I weigh 160lbs and my gf weighs 85lbs so we are on the small side anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
85lbs-------That just makes the weight limit in a few states.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
85lbs-------That just makes the weight limit in a few states.
My car's passenger seat has a sensor that turns off the passenger airbag if the passenger isn't heavy enough. Some days she gets in and the airbag shuts off. Other days it turns on and acts like normal.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My car's passenger seat has a sensor that turns off the passenger airbag if the passenger isn't heavy enough. Some days she gets in and the airbag shuts off. Other days it turns on and acts like normal.
Depends if she had a big breakfast or not I guess xD
My girlfriend is just a hair over 100lbs, and she's pretty tiny o_O

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Soo I didn't go up there on saturday. However I made the hour and a half ride up today. Before I even got on the bike I was looking it over and the finish of it is definitely top quality and made me have issues looking at my old Hyosung GT650r. I took a seat and boy is she smooth in B mode. With Torque everywhere and tons of power. I mean tons of power it has power everywhere and the front comes up like nothing this is definitely not a good beginner bike. My test ride was kind of short and I was disappointing that the only red model they had was a demo and I could not find any other reds around.

I ended up convincing them to sell me the Red Demo unit that they weren't supposed to sell, there was only 15 miles on it. They gave me 2800 for the Hyosung and that's about what I paid for it 10k miles ago in march so I was okay with that. The FZ-09 price was 8500 out the door. I got the bike for my bike plus $5600 out the door. The Odo reads about 120 miles now. Pretty Happy with it so far. It's supposed to snow and get down to 18 degrees tomorrow though. /sigh

·
Registered
364 Posts
How did your girlfriend like riding on the back? The pegs look kind of high. Oh, congratulations.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How did your girlfriend like riding on the back? The pegs look kind of high. Oh, congratulations.
She didn't end up riding on the back yet. She has been working like crazy and I haven't gotten to see her since last week. I hope she will get a chance before it gets too cold and snowy.

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
I am too worried about the 2 up situation.
The wife will probably not be too happy if I go from my VFR to the FZ-09... but I'm almost certain I will be happy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am too worried about the 2 up situation.
The wife will probably not be too happy if I go from my VFR to the FZ-09... but I'm almost certain I will be happy.
Yeah I have no doubt it will be better for two up than my old Hyosung.

·
Banned
161 Posts
I cant believe they gave you 2800 for that Hyosung!

My '07 SV650 is so beat up and scarred, I am pretty sure the dealership isn't even going to accept mine in trade lol. :'(

·
Registered
881 Posts
Congratulations. My guess is you won't be looking back. I have only owned a few motorcycles and can honestly say I like them all. But the FZ-09 is seriously on another level.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I cant believe they gave you 2800 for that Hyosung!

My '07 SV650 is so beat up and scarred, I am pretty sure the dealership isn't even going to accept mine in trade lol. :'(

They offered 3500 for it as a trade towards a used bike.

It needed new fork seals had a bunch of scratches, not perfect, and over 10k miles. The dash had a crack too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts