Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a good day. I swung by my local dealer to just look around and check out the FZ again. They have an orange one and a grey one. The grey one has obviously been ridden cause the tires were worn in and the wheels are dirty. I asked a salesman if it was an employee bike, as it was packed it front as well. He said "No, that's a demo bike"

DING DING DING!

I wanted to ride one, too make sure I liked it and here is my opportunity! I surrendered my license and a CC and there ya go!

Wow, it's more bike than I thought! The power is AWESOME! Honestly, it's the best set up bike, out of the box that I've ridden. Like, my 2012 Zx10r is an amazing bike, but it was a dog or if the box. It had NO throttle response due to gearing and stuff and the suspension was super uneven. I know people complain about this suspension, but at least front and back are in the same ballpark, anyway this thing is great! Turn the throttle and it shows you where the sky is! Awesome! So much fun. I only road it in the parking lot, but it's a BIG lot. It was a great time. Still smiling. I will def be getting one soon.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get the grey one. The sales guy said they would even sell the demo for less. Thats fine with me. It has 600 miles. I am going out of town for 2 weeks of work training, so perhaps when I get back.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have been quite fortunate. I was at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway at a trackday with trackdaz.com on the 21st. They are sponsored by Yamaha and have a few R-6's and a few R-1's to demo. They also have an FZ. The guys there were kind enough to let me demo it. It was SOOOOO fun.

So now I got to wheelie one around the dealer parking lot and rip one around Chuckwalla. Let me tell you, it makes me smile more than my ZX10r (maybe cause its a new experience, but I still grinned and laughed inside my helmet)

Anyway, Somehow I ended up back at my dealer and this ended up going home with me. Woohoo!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ha, give up this beauty? I think not.

That is my race bike, its track dedicated and does not see the street at all. I absolutely love it. It is the best, most complete bike I have ever owned. The FZ is "more fun" in the basic, smile sense of the word, but the ZX is much more rewarding. Also, I have my first race next week. It is all styled out and kickstand-less now.

And thanks, I did the helmet myself.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Oh, a track dedicated bike, yep it's great to have one of those. Have fun with your first race. When you've done one you'll have matched the number of times I've raced lol. I just wanted to have the experience, stayed a track day addict.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool! I plan to do a few more for sure. I want to do the big track at Willow. We will see how far I go with the racing.

Really excited to be cruising the FZ around tho. It might make it to the track a few times too, ha.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I bought mine without riding one first.

If you ride one first there is no hope for you... You WILL be an owner. It's just that simple!

Enjoy

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I went in to look at a Ninja 1000 sport tourer. I set on the FZ09, the dealer said take it for a spin, and the rest as they say is history. My dealer knows I am a sucker for a new bike and have very little self control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts