Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going for a test drive on a FZ-09 Saturday morning. Not going to lie, pretty pumped.

Anything I should be looking out for? Been reading through this forum religiously for the past couple of weeks and doesn't look like there are many complaints, if any at all.

I'm coming from a '09 Ninja 250r so quite a big step up. I'll need to be careful :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Coming from a 250, you may want to start in B mode, that will give you a bit of leeway with how much throttle you give it right off the bat.
STD and A mode sort of skip the first bit of throttle and put you directly into leap mode.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not sure what other motorcycles you ride other than the Ninja. The seating position may feel very odd at first. Take plenty of time before putting the FZ-09 in gear and get comfortable. During my demo ride, I was leaning forward and trying to force weight onto the grips, simulating the feel of my CBR250R. After a while, I finally relaxed and enjoyed the ride much more.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yeah when i first got the bike and left the delarship i was like kinda freaked to ride it, it felt soo diffrent but now its very comfortable :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'd say you're going to be shocked how different it is to the ninja... in a good way! Just relax and let yourself sit naturally upright, like on an MX bike. If you still have the ninja, jump right back on it after the test drive... it will really mess with your head! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts