Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored and found an old bag I had made custom by this leathersmith in Poland. I used it on my old Yamaha Bolt.....figured I would mess around and put it on my FZ09. It actually fits perfect. Keep it? or Put it back in the attic?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Also, I did the stock tail tidy mod, which worked out really well.

4.jpg 5.jpg

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That bag on the forks may cause you to crash if you do an emergency stop. Looks like the fender will crash into that bag when the forks compress.

Reactions: 1duckyboy

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
It doesn't do anything for me, but then again, it's not my bike........so do what you like and what works for you.

Reactions: shamrock

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Not exactly my style, but what do I know...I just re-installed my old tail bag which is nothing more that a $10 luggage bag from Walmart. It works...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Besides hitting the fender when braking, it reduces airflow to the radiator. Side mount seems like a good alternative.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Or of you ride solo most of the time, put it on the back of the seat above the taillight.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not buying the look.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'm not a big fan of fork bags on anything other than a cruiser..but its your bike, so your opinion is the only one that really matters

·
Registered
454 Posts
if you like it, keep it. Not my cup of tea... but then again, I don't make your payments. :)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Yes the fender to forks clearance and restricting airflow to the rad might be a couple of big issues.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Too much Pirates of the Caribbean for my taste.

Reactions: CD599

·
Registered
987 Posts
You need ape hanger bars to go with it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yeah, not the place for it due to airflow and fender... but it would make a good tail bag.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
That bag on the forks may cause you to crash if you do an emergency stop. Looks like the fender will crash into that bag when the forks compress.
I don't know about it causing a crash, but it sure does look like it will hit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the opinions....im not keeping the bag on the bike. Like I said, I was bored and figured I would see what everyones thoughts were. As for the bag hitting the fender, I think that is def possible, however, I cant see how the bag would cause a crash. In an emergency stopping situation, I think the force of the compression would crush the bag at most. I do think the bag would run the engine hot from blocking airflow.

Personally, I dont think any bags look good on the fz09...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts