Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of Venhill brake lines that you screw the fittings onto the hose ends and wanted to ask if
using a bit of Teflon tape on the threads would be useful, or totally unnecessary?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
no Teflon is needed nor recommended on brake lines

·
Super Moderator
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wtf??? No!
Well...that is pretty definitive. I've never used tape on Banjo bolts, but this is first set of lines I've ever had where the hose ends needed to be affixed.
I will say that the Venhill lines and fittings look very good. Better than the last set of Goodridge lines with aluminum fittings I installed on my Bandit.
Thanks Gents.

It will be sunny and 60F here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Well...that is pretty definitive. I've never used tape on Banjo bolts, but this is first set of lines I've ever had where the hose ends needed to be affixed.
I will say that the Venhill lines and fittings look very good. Better than the last set of Goodridge lines with aluminum fittings I installed on my Bandit.
Thanks Gents.

I think that was a big misunderstanding....because at first I was thinking the same !

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Thanks Gents.

Sorry, didn't mean to he rude. 1 bottle of wine down! LOL

·
Super Moderator
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was not insulted and I didn't read the "WTF" comment as rude.

I went with the black lines. I like the look of the carbon better. But what is done, is done.
With the black vinyl wrap forks, the 09 is looking stealthy...maybe a little too much so.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was not insulted and I didn't read the "WTF" comment as rude.

I went with the black lines. I like the look of the carbon better. But what is done, is done.
With the black vinyl wrap forks, the 09 is looking stealthy...maybe a little too much so.
FWIW, for me black is a classier look than carbon so I think what you chose sounds great...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts