Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wasn't thrilled with TechSpec's product for the 2021 MT-09 (SnakeSkin #62-4025-SS) because it's $75 AND I would only use the largest two of the five supplied pieces. Instead, I bought their $50 High Fusion General Sheets (two 7.5' x 13.0" sheets plus a 3" x 5" center tank protector). This way, I could put the low-profile grip material right where I want it and in the shape I want with no logos (see photos).

Their SnakeSkin product is nominally .125” (1/8-inch) thick vs their High Fusion product which is 'only' .035" thick. To me, even the High Fusion product is pretty thick-looking and the grip provided is more than adequate. With either product, there is a HUGE difference vs having your knees sliding around on the slick tank. Whatever product you choose, SOME kind of tank grip is very useful on this bike, especially with the slippery stock seat.

Note that you can use coupon code "RC2019" for 10% off your order at techspec-usa.com

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice, I noticed that my knees gripped the lower part of the tank more than what is shown on the Snake Skin grips. Pretty slick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts