Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of you have been following the work we've been doing on the Tech-Specs - we're happy to announce that the design phase is complete and production is tooled up and ready to kick off. The kit isn't openly available to public yet; this is your chance to purchase the kit early and get a good deal. The product information isn't available on Home page, but here are the highlights.

What are these Gripster Tank Grips?
  • Provides additional grip between the rider's legs and tank during hard braking and cornering. Allows for proper body positioning while minimizing sliding around the seat.
  • Rubber grip pads, adhesively affixed to the tank. Tank pads are fully removeable and can be reused. Adhesive is clear coat safe and will not damage paint.
  • Protects painted surfaces from scratching.
  • Doesn't damage riding pants/leathers.
Available in 2 material choices
  1. Snake Skin - ~0.125" thick with a an aggressive diamond pattern. This material offers the highest level of grip and is recommended spirited riding, track riding, or someone looking for the most available grip. Edges are beveled to eliminate snap points.
  2. High Fusion - 0.035" thick with a light texture that loosely matches the stock seat's material. This material is suitable for all types of riding, but is not quite as grippy as the Snake Skin. However, it is the thinnest material offered and minimally impacts tank width.
It's hard to describe the benefits of the keeping the rider from sliding around during braking and hard cornering - but I'll try. Less pressure is needed at the knees to stabilize the rider, so you'll find body positioning easier and more stable with less fatigue after a day in the saddle or a few track sessions. These are one of those products that you'll take for granted until you hop on another bike with a slippery tank and seat.

FZ-09 Product Photos
Snake Skin

High Fusion

Side by Side Comparison

Tank Protector #2

Available for purchase here: http://www.stoltecmoto.com/shop/fz-09/14-fz-09-tech-specs/

·
Registered
39 Posts
Snake skin side and center please!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Second to the last on the brake line group buy. First on the tank grips and protector group. Woo Woo!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I purchased both items with the grips in snake skin. Which did you buy?

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A couple questions popped up about the availability of the other tank protectors. The other tank protectors are available for the regular/full price, but are not available for the group buy 'deal'.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I ended up getting the snake skin and the #6 Center Pro in snake skin also.......Are they done yet??? :cool:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Boy this is slow going. I thought we'd be there by now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I thought this was a no brainer. Come on people.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts