Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just picked up some new TCX X-Square Riding Boots had them on around the house winter here so no more riding and they seem very comfortable with good support has anyone had these or tried them did you like them what do you think...Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a pair, they are very comfortable (great for people with wide feet). Not the greatest in terms of protection, for that I have some Alpinestars SM-X 5's, which are fantastic; remarkably comfortable and very protective. The TCXs are nice for short trips around town, though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes was just looking for something with some protection the full boots I found to hard and uncomfortable and sneekers just don, t cut it these should be a good comprimize between full protection and no protection .....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes was just looking for something with some protection the full boots I found to hard and uncomfortable and sneekers just don, t cut it these should be a good comprimize between full protection and no protection .....
Yep, I know what you mean, tried on quite a few full-coverage boots and couldn't find one comfortable enough. I heard a lot of people say the SM-X 5 was as comfy as a basketball shoe, thought it had to be BS, but it's actually true. They've just been replaced by the SM-X 6, so you might be able to get a good deal on the SM-X 5. Might be worth checking out, I absolutely love mine...

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Regarding the alpinestars smx-5, I got a pair and they would be comfortable but for the seam on the inside just above my big toe puts a lot of pressure and soreness.

Just a heads up because I'm the only person I know of that's not comfortable in these boots.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regarding the alpinestars smx-5, I got a pair and they would be comfortable but for the seam on the inside just above my big toe puts a lot of pressure and soreness.

Just a heads up because I'm the only person I know of that's not comfortable in these boots.
Ya i tried on at least a dozen boots and found the smx-5 where not very comfortable to and the ones with Velcro fasteners or sky boot style buckles didn't give a good fit that's why i liked the TCX X-Square they are laced up and an ankle strap at the top seem to fit all round better...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Boots are definitely a case where one person's heaven is another person's hell. I tried two different pairs of Sidi Way boots (the Mega version for wider feet), and in both cases the hard plastic armor on the inside ankle bone cut into my ankle like a knife, very painful. I called Motonation (the Sidi importer) and asked about this, they said they'd never heard of that problem before. So boot fit really is an individual thing...

I will say that for me the X-Square's are amazingly comfortable, probably MORE comfortable than your typical basketball shoe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pardon me performing thread necromancy, but I have a pair of the older style X-Square boots, and was unfortunate enough to crash with them last summer. Got cut off and t-boned a car at ~50mph, broke 3 bones in my hand, screwed up my wrist, tore an ACL, etc. Don't know how I landed (no memory of the crash itself, but I'm guessing I hit something with my feet to have torn an ACL), but I had no ankle problems, and the TCX boots held up fine (I'm still wearing them).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry to hear of you going down glad your ok enough to post best wishes and wishing you a quick and full recovery..good to hear about the boots

1 - 12 of 12 Posts