Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the Graves fender eliminator I needed a plate light. I tried a set of LED light bolts and scrapped that idea because I did not like having to remove an electrical splice just to take my tag off if/when I should need to, and secondly the illumination of the plate was poor due to the angle of the LED's. Some have had better luck with LED bolts possibly if they are using taller ones than the ones I picked.

Instead, I opted to use the Targa LED License Plate Strip Light that comes with an adhesive strip, 4 bright LED's, and bullet connectors. I added some heat shrink tubing to the wiring for extra protection where it routes into the tail section. After some very minor trimming of the plastic just above the plate the Targa fit right in under the tail light and perfectly illuminated the tag.

Amazon.com: Targa LED License Plate Strip Light: Automotive

View of Targa LED with tail light unbolted

These bolts did not work for me …
Amazon.com: Bright Black LED Lights Licence Plate LED Lights Bolt Lights - Universal Fit - Trucks And All Motorcycles Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harleys, Cruisers, Choppers, Jeep, Wrangler, Trucks Roll Pan, Fender Eliminators: Automotive

Reactions: Tog

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks, I was looking for a stick on solution. I just placed the order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts