Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys (and gals) using for tank pads? I dont care for the stock fz ones. They look goofy. I tried ebay for generic ones and they're too ostentatious for my liking. I know Stoltec has some but I dont particularly care for theirs. I know I already sound like a major pain but just wanted to see what else is out there for me.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I have stoltec, like the way they look and seem fairly grippy but haven't had a chance to truly test them yet.

One thing I will say, the knee position is farther than the tank pads go, the ones I had on my SV were bigger but the tank geometry was different too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
What exactly are you looking for in a tank pad? ...purely paint protection, or do you want something "grippy" as well? Just the center of the tank, or also the sides?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
+1 for snake skins. They work great...I like the look. Hard braking and for corners. Very durable. I don't much care for the softer version that they have though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I added the Clear Scotchguard Pro TankSlapper film to mine and it works great. I didn't want to loose the awesome stripe on my Volunteer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts