Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I know tank bags, including tank ring lock bags, have been discussed a lot on here and I've read everything I could find but I'm still very torn between mounting systems.

To my knowledge the big names are givi, sw mototech and yamaha

I've read negative and positive reviews about both yamaha and givi and have read nothing on the mototech as it seems very new. anyone have experience with any of these mounting rings? Any input is appreciated. I'm taking a month long trip in April and will be taking this bag on and off multiple times a day for the entire period so I really need a quality mount.

As always everyone on here thanks in advance for saving me!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on using clear tank tape because I would not really trust any of the bags to not stretch at some point even if it's only when removing or putting on the bag.

I just ordered the sw mototech tank ring and large Ion tank bag, I'll pack it really full and let you know. I also ordered saddle bags, a tail bag, a windscreen...the list goes on I went a little crazy. I'll be sure to post pictures and reviews of everything

·
Registered
161 Posts
I plan on using clear tank tape because I would not really trust any of the bags to not stretch at some point even if it's only when removing or putting on the bag.

I just ordered the sw mototech tank ring and large Ion tank bag, I'll pack it really full and let you know. I also ordered saddle bags, a tail bag, a windscreen...the list goes on I went a little crazy. I'll be sure to post pictures and reviews of everything
Can you give a two year update to this bag? I'm looking at the ION as well. Did you get the ION 2 or 3? How did it fit? Was it somewhat flush on the tank?

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I've had two Motechs for a few years now, all good. Well made, easy to use, biker proof. You can get mounts with or without a power feed.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really wanted that bag but seen the day pack on sale but it arrived and I don't think I would like it enough over the engage but then I thought it would be better. It is nice to have a bag that fits just right for tuck mode and my Yamaha tour bag just doesn't quite cut it and I'm thinking the day pack won't either but the engage probably does. Is this the case?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts