Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders,

I've been riding for over a year now; currently have a BILT mesh jacket, agv K3 helmet and a sidi boots, the day I purchased my gear, the guy at cycle gear stated that the jacket has to be tight on me in case of a fall so it won't slide off my body, hat bieng said my jacket is size Large and it seems so short on me in the sleeves but my gloves cover that part. I'm 6'7" 210lbs without gear and 34" inseam. I was wondering if there are tall riders over 6'5" on this forum and wanted to know what kind of jacket/pants do you wear and what sizes. Please advise on where I can find gear for a rider in my height or if there are any inputs on how the gear should fit.

Thanks in advance and ride safe everyone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm 6'6" 240 lbs and 34" inseam. I find sizing to be all over the place. I have hybrid leather jacket from Icon which I really like and that thing is 4 XL ! No joke ! I had smaller one before and was just too tight.
I wear Icon jeans most of the time. Recently I invested in nice helmet and got Shoei GT Air in XXL . I think I have a big head. I was riding before in HJC XXXL helmet, but now I think it was too loose of the fit. Now I got Shoei in XXL and is much more snug on me which I think is what it should be. It took some time to break in but I think is good now. It cost me a ton of money but it's great looking,quality piece. I do like sun-shield in it too. Like they say "How much is your head worth to you ? " :)
Until now I got all my gear online. You can find some good deals out there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input every one, I thought I'm the only tall dude that's interested in riding, I will check first gear. Thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
gonna bookmark this one.
6'5" I don't have an issue getting jackets, but pants are a nightmare.
my favorite pants, (that I also posted in "what are you wearing) are the speed and strength dogs of war.
with a 34" inseam, they go all the way to the boot with a bent leg.
i got some sedici adv series pants, but there garbage. I mean, im sure theyre fine, but only a 30-31" inseam. 3-5" above the top of the boot with a bent leg.

Ill look into FirstGear, thanks

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
572 Posts
If you want some riding jeans that have armor and slide protection, check out Resurgence Gear. They have some raw denim jeans (their Heritage series) that are looooong with D3O and Pekev aramid fabric underneath. They're my go-to for riding to work. And literally everywhere else, actually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts