Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was advised in my intro thread that I needed pictures of the bike. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and share a picture of a tall guy on an FZ-09. As the title states, I'm 6'2, 200lbs. If there are any other tall guys here, feel free to post your own side profile pictures showing how bigger guys look on the bike for reference. That way, when people stumble onto this thread from Google searching, they'll have some pictures to help judge the riding position etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I don't want to threadjack, or come off as a gear nazi... but seeing bare skin always makes me cringe.

Ditch the sneakers and get some boots.

Your ankles will thank you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bars are fine. The pants are plenty long, the way the seat slopes makes the pants bunch up in the upper thigh area and appear shorter.

I have re-written this several times to be more pleasant. I speak from EXTREME experience concerning motorcycle crashes. I will not share pictures, because they are NSFW, but I have had considerable road rash, broken bones and Airlift helicopter rides to the trauma unit after crashes. I have also had good friends crash, and some have died as a result. Also, due to my job, I have worked numerous motorcycle crashes, including multiple fatal ones. No one's life has ever been saved by wearing boots. Just because I'm a new member of the forum and riding a new bike does not mean that I am inexperienced and can't make judgment calls for myself. Thank you. I will also add that I typically ride in boots; I was not wearing them at the time of the picture because they were soaking wet from riding in the rain earlier in the day. This needs to be the end of gear discussion in this thread.

Now, again, if you're a tall guy and have pictures, please share so other tall guys can see how we fit the bike.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow. Defensive much?

Nobody said boots would save your life.

Nobody called into question the level of your riding experience/inexperience.

...slow your roll, homie.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. Defensive much?

Nobody said boots would save your life.

Nobody called into question the level of your riding experience/inexperience.

...slow your roll, homie.
And none taken. I've been a part of a bunch of motorcycle forums, and know where these conversations go on open forums. I agree 100% with you that boots are better than shoes 24/7. If you would like, I'll gladly have a more in depth conversation with you, or anyone else about the matter via PM, or over the phone for that matter. I'd just prefer this thread stay on point as a good reference for bigger guys looking at the FZ.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The bars are fine. The pants are plenty long, the way the seat slopes makes the pants bunch up in the upper thigh area and appear shorter.

I have re-written this several times to be more pleasant. I speak from EXTREME experience concerning motorcycle crashes. I will not share pictures, because they are NSFW, but I have had considerable road rash, broken bones and Airlift helicopter rides to the trauma unit after crashes. I have also had good friends crash, and some have died as a result. Also, due to my job, I have worked numerous motorcycle crashes, including multiple fatal ones. No one's life has ever been saved by wearing boots. Just because I'm a new member of the forum and riding a new bike does not mean that I am inexperienced and can't make judgment calls for myself. Thank you. I will also add that I typically ride in boots; I was not wearing them at the time of the picture because they were soaking wet from riding in the rain earlier in the day. This needs to be the end of gear discussion in this thread.

Now, again, if you're a tall guy and have pictures, please share so other tall guys can see how we fit the bike.
Whoa afi1, we're just fcking with ya. You chose a FZ-09 how can we not like you or consider you nothing other than bad to the bone.

Oh and the Orange is also bad-ass.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yamaha did a good job of designing this bike to fit a wide range of heights. Like I said I'm also 6'2" and have plenty of room. While riding I'm nowhere near the tank but there is still an inch or two left behind my rump. So a 6'3", 6'4" and maybe even a 6'5" person should be comfortable. Any taller and they may feel scrunched.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah for sure. I keep about 2-3in between my junk and the tank and still have a bit of room to slide front-to-back- even with my wife on the back. I'm anxious to get an aftermarket, more comfortable seat, but concerned that it's going to force me into one riding position. It's a necessary evil, though. The stock seat is pretty painful after an hour.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Of course there are different versions of "tall." I've seen guys who are all leg, and guys who are all torso. If the bike fits, and feels good, I say go for it. I doubt you could draw a definitive height that the bike will no longer fit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm 6'3" over 250 and the bike is a little on the small side coming from sport bikes though its fine no weight on my wrist. This is the only pic I have with me on the bike.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Gals seem to have a distorted view of size. (ask my wife)

I've seen a gal on the forum say the bike is heavy. It isn't. She also said it's tall. It isn't. The bike is built for an intended market that is probably about 99.5% male.

The manufactures aren't worried about those outside either end of the "average" spectrum. Good thing Shaq can afford his own custom built bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys hows it goin?! I'm new here so be easy....

I'm 6ft8 280 and was thinking about purchasing the FZ 09
But am worried about comfort?

Is it possible to raise the bars any? And if so how much can they be adjusted?

For all the nay Sayers that are gonna say I won't fit... I ask you then what us my solution.

I have limited experience riding a 96 Kawasaki gpz 1100, 2001 ktm LC4, and a older cbr f4I

Now all these bikes weren't mine but I was able to learn and spend sound time with each....

Thanks for your help guys����

1 - 20 of 35 Posts