Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone knows getting a flat tire sucks but at the same time new tires can be one of the best feelings in the world!!! (Once the wax coating is gone) But anyone have any good pictures of some tire issues? Also replaced my tires after this incident and went with the Pirelli Angel GTs and haven't looked back since! Warm or cold these tires seem to grip! I have a pretty drastic S curve at the end of my road that I take every day to work, and when I leave or am on the way home I try to push a little harder every time! Most of the time at 75mph+, tire choice in these situations is important! 11896152_10153602847523442_478551289901843881_n.jpg 11902276_10153602849903442_7883933403867237394_n.jpg 11902518_10153602849943442_8532196292855823545_n.jpg

:sign5::sign5::sign5::sign5:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was basically a brand new tire and still a brand new bike! Only had about 1300 miles on that tire, but I just don't feel safe or comfortable with a plug........ Too much high speed and ridiculous riding for something like that!:eek:nthego::eek:nthego::eek:nthego::eek:nthego:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Used to be a firm believer in the q2 or q3 by Dunlop on my R6 but after riding the GT prolly won't make another change!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
874 Posts
Also replaced my tires after this incident and went with the Pirelli Angel GTs and haven't looked back since! Warm or cold these tires seem to grip!
Nice choice. I replaced stock Dunlop tires with Pirelli Angel GTs in early 2014 and still haven't looked back, either. The Dunlops' grip was OK in warm temperatures, but not so much in temperatures below 50 degrees Fahrenheit. As you mentioned, warm or cold these tires seem to grip, which is exactly my experience as well.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
It was basically a brand new tire and still a brand new bike! Only had about 1300 miles on that tire, but I just don't feel safe or comfortable with a plug........ Too much high speed and ridiculous riding for something like that!:eek:nthego::eek:nthego::eek:nthego::eek:nthego:
Here is the best way to plug/patch a tire, and it will not leak or ever come out like a plug might.

lib_tirerepair2_270.jpg

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I've used internal plugs on car and bike tyres for more years than I can count, never had a problem. Especially with an itty bitty hole like that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yep, I'd be pluggin the Biotch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good on you for doing it right Kabel. Let's hear a review later on those Angel's, they were on my short list but I went PR4 because I have a lot of really positive customer feedback on them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The GT is a decent tire for cold weather, good predictable grip... and they warm up fast when not over inflated. I'm trying out Bridgestone's T30 now (waiting for spring). After that, I'll give the PR4 a shot... and then probably pick a favorite and stick with it. The only thing about the GT i didn't like was the slightly diminished feedback/feel when coming from the stock Bridgestones. Once I got used to it, I came to like/trust the GT quite a bit for day to day riding.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Myself and people I know have had tires repaired with proper patch plugs and still pushed the them edge to edge and up to almost 300 KPH. Nothing wrong with a good repair.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I almost flipped my bike backwards last week trying to get sideways in front of delta sonic car wash. It was around 40° and 100 ft of soapy water, I almost shat my pants lol. Pirelli angel gt's, I'll probably never buy another brand. They still hook on 20° salty roads doing clutch ups. I find myself shaking my head and saying wtf.. miracle tire haha.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Picked up a large nail in front of my house. I was so happy I wasnt miles away. Plugged several tires and never thought of it again. Rode like a demon without fail.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Looking way back to High School days and that part time job, busting tires at Sears. I repaired hundreds if not thousands of tires with this style of plug/patch. The only problem was when you couldn't get the glue to setup on the inside of the tire to glue the patch in place.

They also have different size plug/patches for different size holes. For a motorcycle tire I wouldn't repair a larger hole, but a small nail, small screw or staple wouldn't be a problem.

plug-patch.JPG

1 - 20 of 36 Posts