Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need your help in choosing a tailbag for those 2 to 7 days outings, and maybe daily use.
Nothing huge, moderate sized.
I’ve been using a givi 30ltr bag that’s been through some bikes but for daily use it’s not very practical due to the lack of outer pockets. Past weekend been on camping meeting and it works with the tent and stuff but, again, not practical if I suddenly need something.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Could you guys pitch in and show me your suggestions?

·
Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s a good idea for long trips, with that I can still use the givi roll. But for weekend stints and daily use side bags are a no for me.
I filter through cars, a lot, and that doesn't help.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My knees and feet set out wider than my bags, so hanging them on passing obstacles haven't been an issue. I usually run just the left side bag 90% of the time as in this picture. Doesn't spoil the view of the exhaust side when I'm admiring the bike walking back to it in a parking lot somewhere. 😍
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
2021 MT-09
142 Posts
I have always been a fan of the Ventura Rack "system", which utilized exact fit side rails that you then can attach their different upper rack, to use one of their various sizes of soft bags or hard case. I think this may be their largest bag?

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Yamaha MT-09, MT-09SP (17-20)

Here's my bike, but I think they offer a larger bag too? Another thing is that I've got my bag rack (hidden under the large bag) positioned forward over the passenger seat. But it's designed so that you can also position that rack behind the seat, which would allow you to also place a seat bag or other items on that seat as well.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
32 Posts
My knees and feet set out wider than my bags, so hanging them on passing obstacles haven't been an issue. I usually run just the left side bag 90% of the time as in this picture. Doesn't spoil the view of the exhaust side when I'm admiring the bike walking back to it in a parking lot somewhere. 😍 View attachment 172122
What rear rack is that?? Looks sleek

·
Registered
611 Posts
How does it hold the top rack?

That's how the stuff mounts to the bike. If you look up SW Motech AluRack you'll see how the difference accessories come on and off the base plate.

Not trying to be vague, just don't want to derail this thread. Feel free to ask if I didn't make sense tho.

·
Registered
32 Posts

That's how the stuff mounts to the bike. If you look up SW Motech AluRack you'll see how the difference accessories come on and off the base plate.

Not trying to be vague, just don't want to derail this thread. Feel free to ask if I didn't make sense tho.
What i meant was is your home made bracket strong enough to hold the top box? Coz i had hepco rack which broke

·
Registered
611 Posts
What i meant was is your home made bracket strong enough to hold the top box? Coz i had hepco rack which broke
The heaviest thing I carry regularly on the luggage rack is 5 gallon fuel cans for the lawn mower and dirt bikes. I've got no problems hauling an automotive size battery home if needed. Fifty pound bags of sand blasting media, I set them half on the rack and half on the passenger seat. It does fine.

·
Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just realized that the Yamaha OEM accessories are made by SW-motech. I don't like soft side bags but a very nice deal came up nearby... Maybe I'll take the hit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts