Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize I missed this in a thread,but I could not find a tail with integrated blinker anywhere . Does it exists ?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I apologize I missed this in a thread,but I could not find a tail with integrated blinker anywhere . Does it exists ?

Thanks,
David
yes, there are 2 that i know of so far:

CustomLED Blaster X - i have this one and love it - the video in the link is from my bike 2014-2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Light Custom LED

Motodynamic - LED Tail Lights Integrated Sequential Yamaha FZ1, FZ6, FZ6R, FZ8, FZ-07, FZ-09

Motodynamic has a sequential blinker system - they also come in a smoke lens - but they both appear to be sold out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !

Did you get any of the recommended accessories ? (ELFR-1 and/or BLASTER-X CONTROL SWITCH )

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Thanks !

Did you get any of the recommended accessories ? (ELFR-1 and/or BLASTER-X CONTROL SWITCH )
the switch gives you access to various flashing rates and patterns - it is very easy to install but optional - in the demo mode video on the website you can see you can change the flash rate and pattern. If you flip the switch on when the bike is running - the taillight goes bezerk. I mounted it in a place where i can turn it on when someone is riding my ass. A few times it's made the cars back off - though i usually accompanied the light with my middle finger and a back off movement :)

If you end up getting the CustomLED and the switch - i can send you some pics of how i mounted it.

You definitely want the relay - it's a plug play option and very easy to install - this will ensure the blink rate of your turn signals syncs with the front pumpkin lights. If you decide in the future to get front LED lights - this will help that as well.

I personally know the owner of CustomLED - he's a great guy, puts a lot of time and thought into his work and makes a great product.

With that being said - there are plenty of guys on here that have good things to say about the motodynamic taillight as well.

Happy shopping and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much . Could I completely remove the hanging tail after this ? (and relocated my licence plate)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Thank you very much . Could I completely remove the hanging tail after this ? (and relocated my licence plate)
Something to consider down the road if you're pulling the rear directionals (i have mine eliminated as well).

fz09 LED Rear Passenger Pegs*

Tripage - a site vendor - has integrated turn signal and brake light modules that they'll bake right into your rear passenger pegs. If you're riding with your blinker on and a car is right beside you, you do lose some turn signal visibility (so i was told anyway).

I'm thinking probably this winter or the upcoming spring - to integrate some turn signal LEDs into my passenger pegs for better side by side visibility. It's not critical but i figure why not.

If you plan on removing the passenger pegs then that's not an option but if you'll keep them - something to also consider along with your integrated turn taillight.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Another thing to consider is California law, based on federal statutes, states that the center of the two rear turn indicators have to be a minimum of nine inches apart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the switch gives you access to various flashing rates and patterns - it is very easy to install but optional - in the demo mode video on the website you can see you can change the flash rate and pattern. If you flip the switch on when the bike is running - the taillight goes bezerk. I mounted it in a place where i can turn it on when someone is riding my ass. A few times it's made the cars back off - though i usually accompanied the light with my middle finger and a back off movement :)

If you end up getting the CustomLED and the switch - i can send you some pics of how i mounted it.

You definitely want the relay - it's a plug play option and very easy to install - this will ensure the blink rate of your turn signals syncs with the front pumpkin lights. If you decide in the future to get front LED lights - this will help that as well.

I personally know the owner of CustomLED - he's a great guy, puts a lot of time and thought into his work and makes a great product.

With that being said - there are plenty of guys on here that have good things to say about the motodynamic taillight as well.

Happy shopping and welcome to the forum.
I'm installing a custom LED tailight today while we are getting freezing rain here in nc.
Interested in seeing how installed switch. Thanks

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I'm installing a custom LED tailight today while we are getting freezing rain here in nc.
Interested in seeing how installed switch. Thanks
I don't have great pics but here you go. Running the wire through the channel under the seat should be straight forward.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether either of these options (motodynamics or customLED) are straight plug and play? As in buy what they're selling and install? Or is there other wiring and relays, etc. Needed to complete the job?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether either of these options (motodynamics or customLED) are straight plug and play? As in buy what they're selling and install? Or is there other wiring and relays, etc. Needed to complete the job?
Motodynamic is plug and play with the resistors you install they provide or you can get a LED relay. I bought the LED relay from custom LED since I knew I was ordering the Watson front turn signals.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks. What made you go with the customLED one?
I don't like the bulk and heat resistors generate. Buying and replacing the stock flasher relay is much cleaner. Custom LED sells a nice one which works with any combination of incandescent and led turn signals. I've also used a lot of Custom led products in the past, so I trust their reliability and quality.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Are the rear directional lights suppose to stay on all the time like the fronts do? Mine do not and I'm hoping that is normal.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It's normal, even the stock rear indicators only work as turn indicators, the fronts also work as running lights.

·
Registered
430 Posts
+1 on the BlasterX by CustomLED. I decided to keep the stock turn signals to use in conjuction with the BlasterX tail/signal light. Anything to wake up the driving dead behind you is a good idea. I couldn't resist tinting the stockers for looks, though. A new relay is NOT needed if you keep the stock signals in place; both the BlasterX signals and stock signals will blink in unison at the normal rate. I'm still considering some new LED signals, but I've found out they're all too small for my taste. Anybody know of aftermarket LED signals that are a bit larger than the typical offerings?

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone know an easy way to use the Blaster-X integrated signals with the stock signals? More light is always better!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts