Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been enjoying my XSR 900 very much for one month but it is time to get rid of the ugly rear end now. I would like to know if I can use one of the tail-tidy's that work with the FZ-09 since there are not many out there for the XSR 900 yet. I want to remove everything and begin anew with (hopefully) a really nice looking integrated taillight turn indicator combination. I see that the entire rear ugly stuff is anchored with the four bolts underneath the seat and the seat latch thing. Do any of you know if those four bolts are the same pattern as the rear of the FZ-09? Also, if any of you have found a great looking integrated taillight/turn signal combination that looks great just behind the seat of the XSR, please post a link here. I can fabricate my own bracket for the light easily if I found a fantastic looking one. Thanks for you help!!!

P.S. This is one of maybe 100 turns on the Squaw Peak Road. Very fun!

2016-05-14 15.57.12.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I can confirm that the rear subframe itself is the same on both bikes (you can look on any parts site and both bikes share the same part code for the subframe). Thus the holes are indeed the same spacing / width. As to whether FZ09 tail tidies will fit your XSR, that will depend on the tail tidy itself and your inventiveness! :)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Apart from the tail light mounting point, everything else is same. I have installed the SHAD hard panniers which designed for MT09 on my XSR, and the fitment is perfect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
oblelisk you have pictures and part numbers, I'm looking for more storage saddlebag mounting than changing the tail end parts.. I don't mind the tail and blinker lights, just wish I could carry more... thanks guys for the info...

·
Registered
106 Posts
No worries mate, if you are looking for more storage than 36L each side, try Hepco & Becker, they have the 42L or 46L pannier system for each side that was designed for MT09 as well, and they are HUGE~~~

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much! This will make the look or my bike's rear end much, much better!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts