Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Man I hate those orange turn signals! Why does US always get the gay looking sh!t, like gold forks and orange turn signals is beyond me...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you also do a side shot from further away, so the whole bike is in the photo? Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it would only let me post 5 photos, i used the stock turn signals because i almost got hit it the ass one time because they didn't see the small ones i was using.

·
Registered
23 Posts
D-dan, SWEET! Very nice. I've been pondering the same thing myself, and this gives me inspiration.

Regarding all those who say those lights look... well, less than attractive, let me say this: Today I traveled about 6 hours with a buddy of mine who has the very same turn/running lights on his FZ-6 that we have on our 9's. From VERY far behind me, I could see his "goofy" looking orange running lights there right next to his headlight. Sure, they won't win any sex appeal contest, but I'll bet the chances of scraping him up off the pavement from someone "who never saw him coming" (or never saw him from behind) is a LOT less than if he - and all of us - had those little little, sexy, no-seeum turn signals and running lights. Just FWIW...

No matter, nice job Dan w/ the bob tail. Now THAT'S a great mod!:encouragement:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Nicely done, I'll probably do mine nearly the same way. Being a welder has its perks :p I haven't even seen one in person yet, so I have to ask the dumb question... What's the function of the plastic piece you cut down, that fits behind the license plate? Again, nicely done. The rear will look even better once we can get clear lenses like the MT version has

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the plastic piece has the cover for the seat latch key hole and the wires from the signals run through it .

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dan, the merge function is being weird at the moment. As soon as I figure out what is going on, I will merge your three tail posts.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts