Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Looks cool but not too great if you ride in the wet. Was following a guy on of all things a Panigale R, rear fender completely removed. We rode through some muddy water flowing across the pavement due to construction and man, his back (he was wearing a T-shirt) was a solid skunk stripe of muddy water. My bikes all have their fenders but even still it was a hell of a cleanup after I got home. My back was clean though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup. Had a fender eliminator on the last bike, 2009 er-6n, and it looked cool, except that I ride all seasons. I put the fender back on after I got tired of being covered in dirty water from the rain. Did my first rain day on the interstate today on the fz-09 and will never remove the fender. My mesh Joe Rocket is completely clean. No muddy water or spots whatsoever. The fender works great and is staying where it is. I've modified lots of bikes and almost always regretted it later. More power to anyone who live in a dry area or can afford to use their bike as a recreational vehicle. Background: I've been riding year-round For 22 years and rode for the first 4 years on an xs650 special on snow and ice with crash bars, so I get what it's like to ride and crawl along in bad weather. Just putting this out there for anyone who is considering removing the fender and actually uses the bike for daily transport. Not judging anyone who modify for aesthetics. Just to anyone considering removing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts