Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a smallish tail bag. Dont want full saddle bags or a tank bag. Anyone use or know anything about kriegas bags??? Like the 5 and 10l sizes. Thoughts or other ideas??

Thx

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I have a Kreiga 20 bag and I love it. Can fit almost anything I need and very easy to add other bags if I want to in the future. Install took all of 10 minutes and the bag is very secure even at high speeds (90mph)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a sweet bag from what im finding.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Little pricey but it's waterproof and they give you a strap to take it with you

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Beck. Kriega US20 all the way! It's like the goldilocks of tailbags. I too was debating the US10, but when I compared the two in person, there was no comparison. The 20 is compact enough when not filled that it doesn't look out of place on the bike, but when the space is needed, it is there, and plentiful at that. Not to mention it's waterproof!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Little pricey but it's waterproof and they give you a strap to take it with you

I'm in the same boat as Beck. Kriega US20 all the way! It's like the goldilocks of tailbags. I too was debating the US10, but when I compared the two in person, there was no comparison. The 20 is compact enough when not filled that it doesn't look out of place on the bike, but when the space is needed, it is there, and plentiful at that. Not to mention it's waterproof!
Any pictures/info on how it attaches? Does it just strap around the tail like it looks in those pictures?

Sorry, I didn't Google any info on this bag yet.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I can take pictures on Sunday. There are 4 straps you just loop around the frame. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like im gonna hafta spend some coin. Thx for info everyone!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
+1 over here: Did purchase the "Kriega UScombo30 Drypack System" online.
Waiting for delivery, will post picture upon reception and installation. Many good review over web.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
There are 4 straps that strap to the bike frame and then it clips into the top. I'll take pictures Sunday.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya i saw that cortech one too....hmmmmm...im thinking the combo one might be what i end up getting....the 20l and 10l bags...

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are 4 straps that strap to the bike frame and then it clips into the top. I'll take pictures Sunday.

More pictures are always appreciated. Some further away shots/angles would be welcomed. I think I'm digging the US20 just trying to gauge its size on the tail. Really want something that can carry a lunch when I commute, bring a change of clothes if I stay somewhere, and pick up a six-pack after a long day...all the while looking fairly small. I'm thinking I could fit all of the above in that bag and it doesn't look too ginormous on the back.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm going to change the oil on my bike and install the factory front cowl this weekend so i'll snap some pictures of my kriega 20 bag finally - sorry for the delay folks..

·
Registered
182 Posts

You could even use a cargo net if you wanted to get rid of the straps. I found the straps to be super long on my fz6r but I didn't want to cut them in case I ever needed them.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts