Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of putting a down payment on a brand new liquid graphite FZ this Saturday and I'm already starting to put together a list of parts/accessories I want to get for it. I like the looks of the T-Rex full slider kit that comes with sliders for all parts of the bike, the price is not too bad at $280.00 for the whole lot and the quality looks good. I know that people commented on another thread about possible fitment issues a while back, can anyone tell me if these issues have been resolved? If any of you are using the T-Rex sliders how happy are you with the purchase?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have a set. I like the case savers/sliders and the axle sliders.

I already had a set of swing arm spools so I gave the Trex ones that came with my Trex case savers away.

I have conventional knob type Trex sliders on each side.

I did not care for the big side sliders that Trex included in the $280 kit so I did not use them.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mind the looks of the frame sliders as long as they fit well and protect the bike. I just remember guys were talking about oil leaking out when they were installed and that sounded sketchy.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I don't mind the looks of the frame sliders as long as they fit well and protect the bike. I just remember guys were talking about oil leaking out when they were installed and that sounded sketchy.
I had oil leak out AS I was installing them but once installed, no more oil leaks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good to know, I really like the Evotech sliders but I can't justify the astronomical price.. The Evotech frame sliders are about $100 more than the entire slider kit from T-Rex.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the Trex sliders on my bike. I got the full kit. While i!m not crazy about the giant frame sliders they off lots of protection. See my thread on Trex installation with pictures. The engine case cover are not offered by some of the companies. The leak is not an issue. When you remove engine case bolts for install it dripped a littke oil. After tightening its dry as a bone.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the Trex sliders on my bike. I got the full kit. While i!m not crazy about the giant frame sliders they off lots of protection. See my thread on Trex installation with pictures. The engine case cover are not offered by some of the companies. The leak is not an issue. When you remove engine case bolts for install it dripped a littke oil. After tightening its dry as a bone.
Yeah I think I'll go with the T-Rex kit seems to be one of the most protective and at a great price too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have them yep during the L side case cover install the bike will leak so be prepared for that. they ship quickly and seem reliable. i'd recommend them...and yea 4 something for evotech are they smoking crack over there???

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have them yep during the L side case cover install the bike will leak so be prepared for that. they ship quickly and seem reliable. i'd recommend them...and yea 4 something for evotech are they smoking crack over there???
Thread De-rail time:
You're from Philly?...where abouts? I live in Graduate Hospital, close to 17th & Washington. I was wondering if I'd see any other FZ's while terrorizing the city streets

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have them on my MT09.They have made the case protectors thicker after customer feedback.They should be able to keep the clutch cover from touching down (with both the case protectors and the frame sliders installed).If you get them ,check that the left case cover screws they supply are 60mm or 65mm.The 60mm ones are fine.If the 65mm ones are supplied, one will be too long by about 2mm for the rear most hole.You will need to shorten it or get a M6x60mm screw to use in this position.

·
Registered
518 Posts
mine have a metal insert and are 10mm thick at the top. I ordered them about a week ago, and just got them yesterday. Does anyone have ones that are actually 20mm thick?

·
Registered
518 Posts
So, I just tried to install mine. My oil leaked, but not too badly. However, the bolts for the left side slider were too long. I'm going to have to go pick up some new ones :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts