Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I decided to go a different route on the sliders so I have these up for sale along with an extra set of case savers I had laying around. The sliders have the blue lettering. One of the sliders had some tiny dings on it out of the box from T-Rex so I just touched it up, they are on the back side and not visible when mounted.

Everything is new, however the frame sliders were mounted on the bike for a week, but the bike was never actually ridden with them on. The case savers are new in unopened packages. Paypal is preferred but please plan to add in the 3% charge if using credit card.

I'll sell the whole set together for $200, shipping included, in the continental US or we can break them up.

$90 + shipping for the case savers alone
100+ shipping for the frame sliders alone

Pics:

Thanks for checking this out. :cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Scott, honestly I'm not sure. They are PN #N70-14CC if that means anything to you. If you know the actual revised thickness I'll check. But these are (as sitting on the bike looking forward):

Right Side ~21mm thick at the widest part, measured on the top surface in the center.

Left Side ~19mm thick at the widest part, measured on the top surface in the center.

Just looking at them installed on the bike (I still have another set of the same case savers installed) it is out further than the clutch cover.

-Josh

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Protecting the FZ-09 is like Protecting The Family Jewels

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know this thread is old(er). Are these still available?
If not, shoot me a PM as I may end up having a pair of black frame sliders available. After contemplating for weeks I bought the full T-Rex kit now to only think I want Woodcraft sliders and the T-Rex case and axle sliders.. The kits in the mail and should arrive to me any day.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry guys didn't see any activity for a while, yes these are still available if anyone needs them.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
doh, was about to PM about case savers haha. Good luck with the sliders!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a set of the frame sliders and I really like them. I was impressed with the quality, I have no doubt when the time comes for them to be tested that they'll work fine, and they're only around $150 new. I paid $120 but I picked them up from where they're manufactured. They also make excellent leg rests when you spend a lot of time on the highway.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I didn't know about the T-Rex products for our 09's, and do like the case saver and frame slide design. I ended up going with the SW-Motech which is a similar design that bolts to both of the engine frame mounts.

I don't like the frame slider plug design, which only uses one mounting point. Not nearly as strong as the two bolt design like these ones.

You'll see what I mean when you see the picture of the right side flame plug, and how it folded over at impact.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/10-fz-09-builds/412-stoltec-project-bike-gonna-long-thread-75.html
frameplug.JPG

·
Registered
111 Posts
I need one rear axle slider, some how it loosened up and came off.
Ill be drilling and wiring them up this time.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Guys been away for awhile, all pm's replied too. Still have the frame sliders, case savers sold.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a set on my ride. Even have the axial sliders too. Like Rocky MNT above having two mounts locations is why I choose the T-Rex. Cant believe they are still available.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts