Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question might seem really weird to some, but I'm really digging a set of levers that's only available for 2009+ R6. I was looking into switching my master cylinder for one off an R6 to give the brakes a bit more bite/feel and had the idea to just switch the clutch assembly as well, and just go ahead and get the levers I want.

I personally don't see why not(they're both mechanical clutches with a near identical mechanism), but someone with more technical understanding of modern motorcycles might have some insight for me(my background is cars and 60s-80s vintage bikes so I'm not really sure what I'm working with here)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I think the r6 clutch lever perch is the same as the fz09 clutch perch. At least I know the FZ09/FZ8/FZ1/R1 all have the same clutch lever fit

Reactions: rale

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think the r6 clutch lever perch is the same as the fz09 clutch perch. At least I know the FZ09/FZ8/FZ1/R1 all have the same clutch lever fit
well I looked at the yamaha parts catalog and its different assemblies(granted that's because the mirror mounts, I'm worried about the electrical connector for the switch too). I just don't want to drop that much cash without being sure. I'll take a look and take some measurements if I come across an 09+ r6. Appreciate the input though my man

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Look at the aftermarket lever mfr cross reference for different bikes that take the same levers.

Reactions: rale

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at the aftermarket lever mfr croseference for different bikes that take the same levers.
you're the man....you made me look at it differently. According to yamaha parts catalog the collar and lever itself are the exact same part number, so it should drop right in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts