Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone stumbled across a manufacturer of extensions for the FZ-09? I plan on making some passes on this thing once I get it back from Brocks, but as we all know its hard to keep the front end down even in stock form. They won't be a permanent fixture, only installed for the track. I found a place in Australia that make some for AUS $450, and that's a big NO... I was considering grabbing some from a R6 and seeing how they look. I can't imagine that Yamaha is using one-off parts for the FZ specifically...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
if that is extreme creations, Ben makes some amazing stuff. Well worth it. He made me a pair of carbon fibre centred brake discs for my gsxr 711 about 7 years ago. I figured since I was getting light weight carozzeria wheels, may as well get some light weight brakes.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Saw the title and assumed the worst. I am happy to be wrong
I would like to see the fz09 making some awesome 60 footers and trap speed/times. Do it!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
If u can please video passes.

Only a few out there and have not seen any make a pass close to what they say it will do.

Id like to see something below 11 sec pass which i have not yet.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
friday bump... still hunting for some extensions so I can be a kool guy like the gixxer boyz.. anyone got a idea who else makes them?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd say that mph is accurate, but the e.t is likely corrected. Magazines typically use theoretical algorithms to show what the machines COULD do if conditions were perfect. In a real world, I'd say with an average rider this bike goes 10.90-11.20s. Weight is a huge factor also. A 200+ lb guy on this bike will likely be 2-3 tenth slower than a 150-160 lbs guy of similar riding skill... We shall see. I plan to have mine at the track in a few weeks, extensions or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are about to build a custom swing for my FZ. I came across a ducati diavel swing arm and wheels so we are going to put the 240 rear tire and build a custom single sided swing arm. We can build a swing are for you out of my old one but I would need yours in return.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
We are about to build a custom swing for my FZ. I came across a ducati diavel swing arm and wheels so we are going to put the 240 rear tire and build a custom single sided swing arm. We can build a swing are for you out of my old one but I would need yours in return.
do you think a monster s4r arm will fit the FZ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tunnelvision... Have you heard something coming down the pike from Graves about extensions? Or do you know if the R1 uses the same rear axle and adjusters? The day is approaching rapidly that my bike makes its first pass, and being about 4-6" longer would be a huge help (that's what she said, right? beat you all to it) I'm going to strap the front end down and hopefully grab up a Brocks drag shock for the rear...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its easy: Shitty tire, HUGE BALLS, a little front brake, and HUGE BALLS. Now to do it properly, add skill to the list. Can you imagine how many times these guys have high sided while practicing? Looks cool as hell, but really sketchy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts