Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if swing arm extensions from anyone else but extreme creations are a thing? Or if I can use them from an R1 or R6? I need some 10” extensions for projekt.lolz. Or if someone happens to have a set they want to part with?

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Check with Cw09 since he's our resident Drag Race Pro!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Check with Cw09 since he's our resident Drag Race Pro!
I have talked with him ,but I had already sold the long set I had ,as far as I know extreme is the only one who makes them,they are expensive but high quality .making another set work would probably cost more..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have talked with him ,but I had already sold the long set I had ,as far as I know extreme is the only one who makes them,they are expensive but high quality .making another set work would probably cost more..
Yea I know, I was hoping maybe R6 or R1's were more or less a bolt on afair... :cry:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I'm sorry, the thought of it makes me feel ill. Can't help you.

Reactions: Nasheeee31

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
If it's just for show I would agree but Cw is the real deal. His bike is a pure race bike and not streetable.
These guys work hard trying to get those milleseconds in performance and do whatever it takes to make it happen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feel Ill? I'm one of those people who uses quality parts, however I don't feel like paying double what you'd pay for a set from anyone else for any other bike... Not to mention I really don't want to have issues shipping from half way around the world... I've seen it happen.Ben's stuff is really nice, don't get me wrong. Its just VERY expensive.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
He feels ill because you're stretching an FZ09. I feel the same way, but I also feel it's your bike, your money, your life, if it isn't effecting me it's none of my business, and you should do what you want and enjoy it. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
If it's just for show I would agree but Cw is the real deal. His bike is a pure race bike and not streetable.
These guys work hard trying to get those milleseconds in performance and do whatever it takes to make it happen.
Yeah, but aesthetically it's a crime. Like 22" chrome wheels and a kaleidoscope wrap on a La Ferrari. I had a mental image of those ludicrously stretched Hyabusa's all over the plaec
Still, it is his bike.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Not copied in china and rebranded, but made from great big lumps of ally in his CNC in his workshop.

What he makes is worth the money.
About 15 yeasr ago I asked him to make me carbon fibre centred rotors to match the spoke pattern on my carrozerrias for a GSXR 711 i used to have.
Lifhweight wheels, light weight rotors...
He said too hard.
Later on, he asked if i still wanted them, I told him i probably couldn't afford them. He said "but I've already made them...."
I found the money. They were (and still are) a work of art, and weigh about 1.5kg for the pair. He doesn't do carbon any more which is a shame.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
If you spend enough weekends at the drag strip short ,tall sportbikes with their asses stuck up in the air just look gay
Having a proper tool for the job, simple as that.
I have always been a big motorsports fan so when I go to the races I want to see the good shit. No stock cars on a road course, no V6 Accords at the drag strip and no Harleys running top end.
I don't follow drag racing but "I get it". When I do go I have no interest in watching Ben & Jerry with their stock looking ZX10s even though I totally understand their efforts. I want to see the bikes that someone built for the task and watch them squirt down that first 100 feet.

Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
If you spend enough weekends at the drag strip short ,tall sportbikes with their asses stuck up in the air just look gay
Yep, those effeminate MotoGP guys doing 340 km/h with their arses in the air and then taking corners with elbows on the deck and banging fairings are pussies alright.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Yep, those effeminate MotoGP guys doing 340 km/h with their arses in the air and then taking corners with elbows on the deck and banging fairings are pussies alright.
That's the stuff I live for and I watch every tidbit I can with my VideoPass. Race weekend you can bet my puter is hooked up to the big screen and you can find me sitting there wearing my Fabio#20 shirt.

Reactions: LouG

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,809 Posts
I've got my 2020 Videopass paid for and ready to go...

And now it looks like MotoGP will be on NBC Sports this year! ??‍♂

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
But not moto 2 and moto 3 so far, and let’s be honest without that it’s only half a sandwich

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,809 Posts
But not moto 2 and moto 3 so far, and let’s be honest without that it’s only half a sandwich
True that. But all last season, we may have watched Moto3 maybe 6 times, and Moto2 twice. Just too much other stuff to do, so we never have time for it all. It's a lot of money to pay for lunch, when you just pick out the meat, and you don't even touch your fries...

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I've got my 2020 Videopass paid for and ready to go...

And now it looks like MotoGP will be on NBC Sports this year! ??‍♂
VideoPass is so much more than anyone could broadcast. Not only the on track stuff but I like seeing all those little snippets like the podium guys after the race, Vanessa, activity in the garages along with all the behind the scenes drama. Sadly the new format only goes back a few years for the past races. A couple of years ago you could watch the really old races with Doohan, Spencer, Rainey along with the 125 and 250 events.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
True that. But all last season, we may have watched Moto3 maybe 6 times, and Moto2 twice. Just too much other stuff to do, so we never have time for it all. It's a lot of money to pay for lunch, when you just pick out the meat, and you don't even touch your fries...
Not me, I'm a huge fan of 2 & 3. Most of the time the races are way more competitive than GP and always more action packed.
Being retired allows me the leisure time to do this.

Sorry for the thread highjack RD!!

Reactions: Moto26
1 - 20 of 21 Posts