Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these on their FZ? I'm totally undecided on which frame protection to go with, but need to quit dickin' around before I put my foot down in gravel/oil and drop the bike in a parking lot or some other such bonehead move. Had carbon bobbin style on the R6, but not too sure if I trust the way a single bobbin would protect, and not too crazy about the dual bobbin style. These look pretty good, have the dual mounting points-similar to the TREX, but don't look(to me) as bulky. Not too wild about spending $400 on sliders(Evotech), but don't want cheap crap, either-these seem a good compromise. I realize it comes down to preference, but I'm kinda likin' these and am curious if anyone has experience with them. Mahalo....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Has anyone installed these on their FZ? I'm totally undecided on which frame protection to go with, but need to quit dickin' around before I put my foot down in gravel/oil and drop the bike in a parking lot or some other such bonehead move. Had carbon bobbin style on the R6, but not too sure if I trust the way a single bobbin would protect, and not too crazy about the dual bobbin style. These look pretty good, have the dual mounting points-similar to the TREX, but don't look(to me) as bulky. Not too wild about spending $400 on sliders(Evotech), but don't want cheap crap, either-these seem a good compromise. I realize it comes down to preference, but I'm kinda likin' these and am curious if anyone has experience with them. Mahalo....
Trex is not made of metal just a hard plastic. I've been eye balling the evotech. And most likely I'm gonna go with them. They are securely bolted into BOTH bolts of the frame. Not one Slider each frame bolt like the OES. I think that just too much shit sticking out of my FZ. To be honest what you pay for is what you get...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, agreed, I like how they mount to both frame bolts and the minimalist design fits the bike. I decided I really didn't like those Motech sliders after all, and will go with the Evotech instead. The T Rex are way too much plastic for me, and just look too bulky.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah I have these.

They are the best looking and most affordable option around there - the Trex ones look ok also but I dont like the fact theyre branded fz09 in huge letters when I have an mt09 :)

The swmotech ones are only $200 AU and are extremely solid and well built which is a lot better priced than a lot of other options - Evotech make good products but its $450-500 to get them in Australia which is wayyy too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts