Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I was wondering if I can install an Akrapovic exhaust in my FZ09 that has a SW MOTECH Center Stand (due to parking restrictions in my house)

Thanks in advance for all your help

Best

Sete

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for your answers, I wrote to SW-MOTECH, but didn't answer, if any other person can help me I appreciate.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is the bike stable when on the stand? I put an SW Motech center stand on my wife's SV650 and it just goes over center. Any small push on the back of the bike will knock it off the stand. I would like one my FZ-09 for maintenance purposes but I am also considering track stands.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Im a big fan of centerstands. I thought this bike is too light to raise its center of gravity with a centerstand. As narrow as the bike is it couldn't have a wide centerstand. Can anyone convince me a centerstand is the way to go???Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Any thoughts on centerstands on this bike. I like centerstand but not sure about on this bike.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Finally I have the answer, works great, this is my bike

So when this is in the up position, it doesn't hit or rub on anything? Are there stoppers or dampers with the kit that stop the stand from flicking the bike when it comes up?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
525 Posts
I just ordered the SWMotech center stand from Revzilla. I intend to keep my stock exhaust. $262.95

·
Registered
525 Posts
Put mine on today. Getting a few bolts off was tough. The instructions had me scratching my head a bit. Its on now and I have faith in it in winds etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts