Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one of these on the way into work while riding the fz. Guess he was trying to impress me by flying past me in a 40mph zone. While I was impressed, so was the guy behind him in the unmarked Dodge charger lol. Googled " naked bike big exhaust pipes" and found the suzuki b king. Has a busa motor. Must be fun to ride. Anyone here see one of these out in the wild?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Owned one... Crazy power, makes the 09 feel like a toy, top notch components too.. Following the breakin procedure you can still easily exceed 100mph, and it is silky smooth. Amazingly slick Suzuki transmission, gobs of power, around 165rwhp. They are definitely in a class of their own.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Man, those exhaust cans are big enough to park an FZ09 in!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
How much were the bkings new?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Damn. That is a lot of bike for the money!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran into a brand new leftover 2008 B-King back in 2012 when I was originally shopping for the FZ8. I was mildly interested in it, but felt like it was going to be too big and heavy for me. I'm glad I waited and ended up getting the FZ-09. They were willing to give a crazy deal to sell this leftover ! Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Headlamp Transport Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
The numbers for the bikes weight, look high... But, it does have a 1340cc motor in there. When the BKing is rolling, it feels much lighter than it really is, it is actually a very nice handling bike. If they had offered test rides, I never ran into any dealer that did, they would have sold many more.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
It's very comfy, though no wind protection. Lots of room to move in the saddle. The seat is a bit thin, and firm, many guys upgraded seats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts