Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, today i have found this in my garage, next to the bike.
I wonder what is it,and is it even from the bike?
Everything sounds okay,works okay,but im a bit worried since i found this next to it.
I didnt remove or touch anything on the bike,by the way.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have the Yamaha radiator guard? Looks like the grommet that is used to attach to the back side of the radiator

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it possible just to fall out by itself? Today i just turned on the engine ,after 10 days of inactivity.
Nope,i dont have radiator guard

·
Registered
19 Posts
is it possible? sure. is it likely? not really, if that's fallen off the bike somewhere, than so has the bolt that runs through it. but nothing "critical" will use this type of grommet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another place I can think of that has these grommets is the sprocket cover, 3 bolts/grommets: 1 semi-hidden behind the fuel tank overflow hoses (right above the sidestand swivel), 1 behind the shift lever and 1 visible on the bottom of the cover

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you have NOT added anything. Then you have to remove your tank and look for the OTHER GROMMET. Usually in pairs or 3s or 4s. You won’t find the nut or bolt because they are out on US 1 permanently. Go on line and spend some time looking at the parts from the engine on back. Looking at what some others suggested. Good luck you cannot ignore this! You may not feel it now. But... Did you buy the bike used?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Remember grommets are to absorb vibrations. If you loose one then that force has to be directed elsewhere. Maybe a buddy dropped his off another bike? It’s not from a car. Those you never see or find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts