Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been posts/threads for suspension shops... Stoltec, Traxxion, TrackSide and probably others... these experts can dial in the shocks, forks, springs, damping and the ECU's for folks that can afford the services. They will also do specific support for shocks/forks/ECUs that are shipped to them for upgrades or service. Is there a list of these shops anywhere? I'd like to ride to one of these shops, get the work done and tuned... all in one day if possible... the problem is that many/most are a long way from here... a very small town in northern New Mexico... The closest city of any size is Albuquerque (150 miles); then Denver (290 miles); then Phoenix (600 miles); and so on with increasing distances... Maybe there is no option except for shipping stuff to a suspension shop, get the work done, and then do the installation/tuning myself... unfortunately, when it comes to suspension work, I have no experience... new tires, ok; oil changes, ok; routine maintenance, ok; re-build engines, no; re-do electronics, no;...

Maybe there are shops in some of the closer, but smaller, towns??? How to know?

Thx, G.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You installed the ZX6RR shock yourself? If so you should be fine to take your forks off, ship them to an expert, and reinstall them. Best to get the service manual and ask for tips here.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBT, the shock is sitting on the workbench, waiting for me to do something... it just stares at me every day... The other stuff is done. :clock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts