Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a good deal on internet for a Ohlins rear shock that used to be on a Yamaha srx with 180-80 springs... Will it fit? Too big, too small? Spring too hard or too soft? Also found a phlins shock from a 2005 gsx-r 750 and a oem shock from 2011 r1 Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Wont work, won't fit, wrong everything.

Reactions: Th3 VVay and stunva

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You need to know the eye to eye length of any shock that your thinking of using and match it up with the eye to eye length of the shock you are replacing....if they are similar you can move on to spring rates... you then need to see if there is room for any externally mounted reservoirs ..once you have this figured out, you will have a list of shocks that you can use...:)

·
Registered
734 Posts
SELL THEM to some one with a yami sled . there for the front . thats what there good for
i have double clickers on the front of my yami sled

·
Registered
68 Posts
You need to know the eye to eye length of any shock that your thinking of using and match it up with the eye to eye length of the shock you are replacing....if they are similar you can move on to spring rates... you then need to see if there is room for any externally mounted reservoirs ..once you have this figured out, you will have a list of shocks that you can use...:)
So, theoretically, an aftermarket shock for any bike that we know has an OEM shock that works on the fz09 should work as long as the reservoir doesn't get in the way?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts