Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Metlife stadium regarding parking at the supercross race, they WILL NOT have motorcycle specific parking at the event so expect to pay $30 to park the same as a car, what a bunch of A-holes!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Great to see racing come back to NJ after a 20+ year hiatus, happy to see RVP win 4 in a row - see if he can break Mcgrath's record next season.

They announced it is coming back again next year, tickets on sale next week.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in the 12th row right near the corner that everyone was going really slow and hugging the bale, RV started tripling into the corner it was amazing felt like he was jumping into my Lap! so ****ing smooth! Just the right amount of rain, good friends great night, bummer to see JS jam his knee hope he's ok maybe do the outdoors?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Cycle News reports that Bubba's knee is not as bad as they thought, and he will be racing in Vegas this weekend.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I was in the 12th row right near the corner that everyone was going really slow and hugging the bale, RV started tripling into the corner it was amazing felt like he was jumping into my Lap! so ****ing smooth! Just the right amount of rain, good friends great night, bummer to see JS jam his knee hope he's ok maybe do the outdoors?
I was in the same corner section 131, about 10 rows behind you! Personally do not care if JS returns, there were some older interviews with him where his cocky statements of breaking Mcgrath's records and being the fastest around turned me "Anti Bubba" - happy to see RVP take the championship again. Met him down at Englishtown back in 2009, talked for a bit and got his autograph before he even won his first title so it will be neat to see him try for number 5.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I follow the sport closely, and always have. RV is by far the worst interviewer since Hannah. After getting the number one plate he used the word PUSHED referring to his family, not support. Not cool in my book. His troubles with his father go way back. These guys are almost illiterate because their parents groom them to be champions by home schooling them. Just listen to Emig and Carmichael in the booth. Their grammar is terrible. Fans buy products and tickets to support the racers. The racers should take a little time out to practice enthusiasm when the microphone comes their way. Travis Pastrana and Rick Johnson are examples of two guys that felt blessed to have fans support them. I watched Pastrana miss an airplane in Troy, Ohio because he refused to break away from signing autograph's for the fans lined up at the fence after the race. BTW, RV is probably going to skip the outdoor series this year to take time off. Good news for us. I have had my up's and down's with Stewart over the years, but at least he smiles and jokes around making him somewhat human, but at the end of the day, he has also been pushed throughout his career by his family.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I follow the sport closely, and always have. RV is by far the worst interviewer since Hannah. After getting the number one plate he used the word PUSHED referring to his family, not support. Not cool in my book. His troubles with his father go way back. These guys are almost illiterate because their parents groom them to be champions by home schooling them. Just listen to Emig and Carmichael in the booth. Their grammar is terrible. Fans buy products and tickets to support the racers. The racers should take a little time out to practice enthusiasm when the microphone comes their way. Travis Pastrana and Rick Johnson are examples of two guys that felt blessed to have fans support them. I watched Pastrana miss an airplane in Troy, Ohio because he refused to break away from signing autograph's for the fans lined up at the fence after the race. BTW, RV is probably going to skip the outdoor series this year to take time off. Good news for us. I have had my up's and down's with Stewart over the years, but at least he smiles and jokes around making him somewhat human, but at the end of the day, he has also been pushed throughout his career by his family.
100% agree with you when it comes to the interviews, most of the racers are not great on camera and they add zero relevant information during the race wrap up. I can see why some of them lack enthusiasm, when you take a step back it is a "job" for them 24/7 and the rigorous schedule and training probably takes its toll.

I agree that JS has a good attitude and for his opening sequence at Metlife stadium here in NJ he did a Bon Jovi parody which was entertaining.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Interview Posted today with RVP on Dirt Rider, last question:

Q: There have been a lot of rumors circulating that you will skip the outdoor nationals. Will you be riding the outdoors this summer?

A: Yes, I am riding the nationals this year. At this point in time, yes, I am riding the nationals.

Read more: Dropping In On: Ryan Villopoto - Interview - Dirt Rider Magazine

·
Registered
337 Posts
Presale on right now for the event in 2015, I picked up 4 seats around the 50 yard line in row 10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts