Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been really hot these past few days and I always wear gloves if I plan to get on a highway. Anyone have some summer gloves that they recommend? Currently just have some leather ones that do not breath whatsoever.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Been really hot these past few days and I always wear gloves if I plan to get on a highway. Anyone have some summer gloves that they recommend? Currently just have some leather ones that do not breath whatsoever.
Any decent $45 Mesh glove will do the trick -- But know going in that if you go down the glove will be history after doing a half-assed job of protecting you. And these lighter weight mesh gloves usually don't last two seasons. It's the price we pay for living in 100F+ Summer Heat :cool:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just trying to find something that breathes, keeps the sun off the skin, and will offer up some padding against bugs/rocks at least. I don't know much about the icon brand, but i found some icon anthem gloves that look promising.

Icon Anthem Gloves - RevZilla

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Just trying to find something that breathes, keeps the sun off the skin, and will offer up some padding against bugs/rocks at least. I don't know much about the icon brand, but i found some icon anthem gloves that look promising.

Icon Anthem Gloves - RevZilla
I've found they're all very similar and generally run a size smaller than you'd expect. The extremely Hot weather usually breaks in September so if this applies to you I'd wait until next summer -- these gloves have a short life span.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I rode Saturday with the Icon Overlord Resistance and the glove baked my hands. Blistered my index finger on my left hand because of my two finger clutch technique. I will not be wearing them the rest of the summer. Also, the palms of my hands were covered in dye. I had to scrub it off my hands with GoJo, which is not cool.

·
Registered
957 Posts
"Summer" does not have to mean short. Many good gauntlet gloves breathe beautifully. My Knox Recon gloves are full race style gauntlets that keep your hands cool at any temps. Key thing to look for is perforation between the fingers. And it has it in spades.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I rode Saturday with the Icon Overlord Resistance and the glove baked my hands. Blistered my index finger on my left hand because of my two finger clutch technique. I will not be wearing them the rest of the summer. Also, the palms of my hands were covered in dye. I had to scrub it off my hands with GoJo, which is not cool.

Too bad there isn't a "dislike" option. Man, those gloves are brutal!

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
They look great and have a flex flap and fit really well for an Icon product, but not good in the heat. I plan on finding something to soak them in to release more of the Chinese dye.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Here is what came out of the Chinese made Icons after I soaked them for a couple of minutes in warm water with Dawn and vinegar.

20140825_181808.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
My wife is going to use that container for pasta salad tonight so that we can die from food poisoning. It was good knowing you.

Seriously, that container just became another bolt bucket.

I am lucky if I can get two seasons out of mesh gloves, thus the reason for Fox gloves.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I wear full gauntlet cortech injectors.. Wore them through 100+ summers and the occasional surprise rain. No color fade, just a bit of sweaty hands but nothing uncomfortable. The perforated seams work well... The blasted handguards are keeping the wind off but it still isn't too bad.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts