Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
down to a* 5 or the new 6 vented and joe rocket speed 3.....like the sidi but heard there narrow......anybody have either one of these boots??? leaning to the rockets but they seem to have more that what I need as a back road carver.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have sidi ST air's and love them. "More than what you need," but what i wear all the time. Protected me from a pretty bad injury when i was rear ended coming home from the gym.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think you're looking for a taller boot but if it helps on the topic of width, I have a pair of Sidi Mythos Gor-Tex Boots, have wide feet (usually a EEE) and they fit great. I went through a good number of brands till I found these particular ones that were wide enough.

They're shorter of course, comfortable, I don't find my feet sweating in them and I've been riding in some low 90s days already. They're not fast for getting on/off since you have to keep the velcro flap out of the way while you tie the laces. They must be double knotted and then you have to bundle up the laces so they are kept in nicely by the velcro flap. I'm very happy with them overall but would like something with a side zipper and a bit quicker/convenient. No shin protection so my next pair will be something along the lines of what you've mentioned.

To assist, here are links for the ones you mentioned (pretty sure)
Alpinestars Stella S-MX 5 Boots
Alpinestars Stella SMX 6 Vented Boots
Joe Rocket Speedmaster 3.0 Boots

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
They aren't vented but push air well the spidi sp3s have been great on warmer days ago far. I pair these with some under armor knee high heat socks and they keep my feet cool and dry

In the summer I've found that socks are just as important as your boot when it c ones to keeping your feet cool

Sent from my hot secretary, dictated but not read

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My old Alpinestars SMX boots are amazing. I use them only at the track, but as soon as I start rolling in the pits I can feel the air going right through them :) For the street I have a very old pair of Sidi Vertebrae boots. They're okay, but not really vented. A review of these doesn't help your cause since they're 10 years old.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have the A* vented S-MX 5 boots and absolutely love them, the venting works great in the summer (and surprisingly, doesn't make my feet feel frozen in the colder months).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts