Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock Dunlop is dead after 3k miles. I ride lots of mountain roads and twisty passes in the pa Appalachian mountains. Any good suggestion for replacement tires for someone weighing 240 and often finds the 133mph limiter??:D:cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Stock Dunlop is dead after 3k miles. I ride lots of mountain roads and twisty passes in the pa Appalachian mountains. Any good suggestion for replacement tires for someone weighing 240 and often finds the 133mph limiter??:D:cool:
I prefer Dunlop Q2 but since the Q3 has come out, I'll switch to those. I have put Q2 on every bike I've owned once the stock tires needed replacement. They aren't the longest lasting tires though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just replaced my s20s with pirelli angel gts based on reviews both by press ( always suspect) and other forum members. I am looking for compromise between dependable performance and long life. Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for pure performance, you buy a soft sticky tire and you won't get long life. It's a trade off. Angels appear to be the balance I am looking for but don't have enough time on them to write a testimonial. I will say the pirellis soak up bumps better than the s20s.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I am running diablo rosso 2's on my streetfighter vfr800. It's my weekend funbike/project bike. The rosso 2's are really good on that bike, and not too bad if it rains.
I have pr4's on my MT09 which is my all day every day super commutard, and love them.
I dont see the point of a larger rear tyre on the MT.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I peeled off the cheap stock Dunlop rubber as fast as I could and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Power 3's.

Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I push the Angel GT on a wet track day few weeks ago. Very satisfy IMO. You won't see the end of them on the street. If you do, you either doing it wrong or might end up in jail soon LOL

A bit over 2K now and still look really good, too early to say how long they will last but if I get 6-7K out of them I'll be happy.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Although not in your speed zone, I'm also using Pirelli Angel GTs and very pleased with them. After 3,000 miles on the rear GT, it wears evenly but has plenty of tread life remaining. I have an Angel GT on the front, but with less miles. No problems at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts