Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hmmmmmmm. Did you test it and figure out which one specifically it was? The TPS or APS?

Can you link me to the part? I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just ordered a replacement tps and aps.

Reinstalled my stock flashed ECU and the problem is still there. That rules out any tune issues. (as I expected)

Have a replacement battery on it's way as well.

I'm taking a video of the bike after each change and comparing them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Replacing TPS and APS solved my issue. I may need to adjust the throttle position sensor angle a tad, or my bike doesn't like the Lextek exhaust with the stock tune.

When I first start it, it idles slightly low and stalls if I give it throttle. This is only when it is cold. When it warms up it seems to be running great.

Is there a way to read the TPS/APS angle without using a Yamaha diagnostic tool on a 2017? i have the obd2 cable and reader. I use Torque, but I don't know how to read the TPS angle like the Yamaha scan tool.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there a way to read the TPS/APS angle without using a Yamaha diagnostic tool on a 2017? i have the obd2 cable and reader. I use Torque, but I don't know how to read the TPS angle like the Yamaha scan tool.
Did you ever get any answer to this?
I recently purchased new APS and TPS sensors and would like to know if I can replace the old ones without any diagnostic tools?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue here ! Someone had a diy for change the aps and tps ?? I bought it use on ebay from a 2016 that was running great . Do i had to go to my dealer to syncronize aps.and tps ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
So my FZ started sputtering again in the last week. Real jerky at cruise speed between 4000-5000 rpm. Piss me off. The winter of 18/19 I tried numerous possible fixes and in the spring of 2019 it ran great.

I replaced the Power Commander and then removed it for an updated ECU time. Played with chain tension and cleaned the APS and TPS connectors.

But wasn’t sure which one actually fixed the issue. So this week I have been trying one thing at a time. Started with chain tension. Didn’t make much difference.

So yesterday I removed the gas tank and airbox to get to the sensors. Blew them out, sprayed in contact cleaner, blew them out and added dielectric grease. Reassembled and took it for a test ride. Smooth as butter!

A week ago I drove the bike in rain!

Crazy that these connectors aren’t sealed from moisture.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts