Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Premium Member
It's forbidden!
Anytime the front or rear wheel gets over 12 inches off the ground the bike bursts into flames!馃榾

Registered
Other than talk about wheelies I have not read much here about full blown stunting on the 09....if thats your cup of tea your probably better to join a dedicated stunting forum to find what your looking for.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Other than talk about wheelies I have not read much here about full blown stunting on the 09....if thats your cup of tea your probably better to join a dedicated stunting forum to find what your looking for.
Staying here thanks, just curious what others at age 54 are doing with their 09's馃

Registered
Staying here thanks, just curious what others at age 54 are doing with their 09's馃
Hey Ratbike,,,That was not a suggestion to dump and forget about us swell guys 馃榿 Just thought if you poked around on other forums, along with this one, you may find more info.

Registered
Hey ridetofish... "These days I'm fishing more and riding less. WTF !!! " Just now noticed this lol! This past summer I had my boat out twice, the summer before I started it once in my driveway...seems like every time I walk towards the boat the bike calls out too me and wins馃榿!

Premium Member

Hey Rat, if you like stunt bikes and the FZ09 this thread is for you!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15

Hey Rat, if you like stunt bikes and the FZ09 this thread is for you!
Very Nice!!!

Premium Member
Glad you like it.
(I see Photosucket didn't get full payment.)

Registered
Anyone out there stunting their FZ-09? What's been your experience? Stunt parts etc...
I own a 18' MT09 and over the last year been trying to "stunt" more like just getting the hang of wheelies but i'll share to you my experience and some tips i've learned.

First of all, if you are trying to learn how to wheelie/stunt, the 09 is NOT a good beginner stunt bike. The ride by wire system has a lag that is not good for controlled throttle play, even with a flash 2nd gear isn't as smooth as a typical stunt bike. Now if you have prior experience to stunting, you can make the 09 a stunt bike with some practice. The balance point on naked bikes is way farther back than a traditional stunt bike (636, f4i). It's a very torquey bike so clutch ups can be done in 1st-2nd-3rd and with a bigger rear sprocket, while standing 4th.

I've never tried stunt lot speed wheelie's because that would be all 1st gear and way too torquey/unstable throttle.
But streets, this bike can can do 2nd/3rd 35mph-50mph wheelies with enough practice.

As far as parts go: Lots of companies make front cages, I went with impaktech and love it, protects the entirety of the engine and front end. As for rear cage goes, Higdonian is what you want to go with because it's the only rear cage i've found that incorporates a 12 bar, which you will want because if (and when) you loop it, your tail light and rear end will be the first thing destroyed. All the other companies only make sub cages that replace your passenger pegs, if you get one of those you'll want to find a custom fabricator to make you a 12 bar.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
I own a 18' MT09 and over the last year been trying to "stunt" more like just getting the hang of wheelies but i'll share to you my experience and some tips i've learned.

First of all, if you are trying to learn how to wheelie/stunt, the 09 is NOT a good beginner stunt bike. The ride by wire system has a lag that is not good for controlled throttle play, even with a flash 2nd gear isn't as smooth as a typical stunt bike. Now if you have prior experience to stunting, you can make the 09 a stunt bike with some practice. The balance point on naked bikes is way farther back than a traditional stunt bike (636, f4i). It's a very torquey bike so clutch ups can be done in 1st-2nd-3rd and with a bigger rear sprocket, while standing 4th.

I've never tried stunt lot speed wheelie's because that would be all 1st gear and way too torquey/unstable throttle.
But streets, this bike can can do 2nd/3rd 35mph-50mph wheelies with enough practice.

As far as parts go: Lots of companies make front cages, I went with impaktech and love it, protects the entirety of the engine and front end. As for rear cage goes, Higdonian is what you want to go with because it's the only rear cage i've found that incorporates a 12 bar, which you will want because if (and when) you loop it, your tail light and rear end will be the first thing destroyed. All the other companies only make sub cages that replace your passenger pegs, if you get one of those you'll want to find a custom fabricator to make you a 12 bar

.Here's the Higdonian cage and sub cage I got a few years back...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts