Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Corporate pilot I get to clock a lot of hotel time. I am currently sitting in the Embassy Suites in Seattle. In the rain of course.

It's sunny and 70 degrees at home with a lonesome FZ09 parked in the garage with tears dripping from its turn signals.

I certainly can emphasize with all my FZ brothers and sisters who are waiting for the big spring thaw. You guys got ice sickles hanging off your turn signals?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I usually fly over 45k miles a year - i have a lot of respect for the bs you guys must put up with.

I ran into a fellow fz rider today - i'm in Oregon atm and spotted the bike as I was walking in the city. As I was checking it out from a distance the rider showed up. Not on this forum but nice guy all around. Loves the bike like the rest of us.

I couldn't deal with all this rain you pac nw folks get. I'll take some cold in the east for less rain anyday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know it may not seem like it when you're bored in a hotel, but you sir, have a good job/career. Good on ya!
Yep I often say it beats working for a living most of the time.

It's the some of the time part that hurts! Lol.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Living the dream

Yep I often say it beats working for a living most of the time.

It's the some of the time part that hurts! Lol.
One of my former coworkers who is still a cop, is FO on a Gulfstream in his part time job. He says the same thing. pretty good hourly rate, but sort of spotty hours. (He sat on the ground in Morocco for nearly a week)

By the way, it could be worse. Spring riding is still at least a month away at my latitude. (N61 degrees)

Eyewear Pilot Music artist Sunglasses Singer

Motorcycles, airplanes, boats, and snowmobiles all the ability to put a smile on my face. (me in my Hawk XP)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of my former coworkers who is still a cop, is FO on a Gulfstream in his part time job. He says the same thing. pretty good hourly rate, but sort of spotty hours. (He sat on the ground in Morocco for nearly a week)

By the way, it could be worse. Spring riding is still at least a month away at my latitude. (N61 degrees)

View attachment 3092

Motorcycles, airplanes, boats, and snowmobiles all the ability to put a smile on my face. (me in my Hawk XP)
Hawk XP. Nice bird. I got a few hours in one about 100 years ago!

Sounds like you have a garage full of cool toys.

My wallet is only thick enough for one motorcycle, a few guns, and some RC helicopters and airplanes.

FZ 09 scratches pretty much all my 2 wheel needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts