Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peg and I did a track day weekend at Little Tally on May 2nd and 3rd. Here are a couple of pics of me on the 600RR Track bike. I spent the entire weekend coaching in the Intermediate group......it's a fun and technical little track, but really abrasive and hard on tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
triplethreat: Was your wife on the FZ-09? I've been seeing more FZ09s at the track lately and the FZ07s

I was there the 2-3, I was corner working turn 4 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dexter.........Hello, so you work for FBF at some of the track day events huh, pretty cool. You'll have to introduce yourself the next time STT is at an event that you are working. Peggy and I don't make all the events, but our next one will probably be at Barber at the end of June. We just got back last night from the NCM track up in Bowling Green.......what an awesome track and a great combination of very technical and very fast....all rolled into one track.

No, Peg wasn't on an FZ09 or an FZ07. Her dedicated track bike is an 04 600RR. Here is a pic of her at Tally that weekend......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I just started working with FBF. Trackdays aren't in my budget this year, so corner working to me is the next best thing. I get to see the action and help people if needed, but I do plan on trying to get back into trackdays fall of next year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Vern! Here's a shot of me from Barber on May 10 on the new R6. We will be back at the end of June too! See ya there!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I just started working with FBF. Trackdays aren't in my budget this year, so corner working to me is the next best thing. I get to see the action and help people if needed, but I do plan on trying to get back into trackdays fall of next year.
Hopefully sooner rather than later......they are addictive, as you know. Hopefully we'll meet up at Barber or ??? one of these days.

·
Super Moderator
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Vern! Here's a shot of me from Barber on May 10 on the new R6. We will be back at the end of June too! See ya there!

[/URL][/IMG]
Dan........looking good out there, and I hope you're enjoying the R6. We should be at the Barber June event.....I'd like to spend both days coaching in the I group, but I'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was there on my FZ09 on 5-3. Nice to meet you btw Triplethreat. There was another guy on an 09. I was in novice he was in intermediate. Little Tally is definitely rough on tires. track tire.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was there on my FZ09 on 5-3. Nice to meet you btw Triplethreat. There was another guy on an 09. I was in novice he was in intermediate. Little Tally is definitely rough on tires. View attachment 17206
Nice to meet you also. I enjoy seeing more and more FZs showing up on the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts