Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best vacation ever at Carolina motorsport in Kershaw SC. I highly recommend a track day for any rider who wants to see want there FZ09 can do. This was my first track day and my goals were to work on braking, find open space, and to find the limits of my FZ. Got lots of riding time, life long riding tips from many of the coaches(novice and intermediate) and met other riders in the pit area who were glad to help me pass tech inspection and open up their tool boxes.

I was nervous on the first lap cause I was trying to translate info. from session meeting in to riding. But the fourth lap my coach took off like a scalded rabbit. Our group was able to follow and I gave the FZ 100% throttle in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears, laughing and smiling from ear to ear. With tips from the coaches I was able to go faster through out the day and my high revving FZ performed well.

When going back in Oct. I'll be sure to:
-rent Uhaul van with FZ, tools and sleeping cot inside, never again will I ride to a track day on my bike cause it's tiring
-prep bike according to STT website
-buy or rent leathers with knee pucks and proper boots, ballistic textile does not give confidence when riders low side in front of you

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum.

·
Super Moderator
4,451 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time and are hooked.

So...what did you think of the layout @ CMP?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carolinamotorsport.com For me, the best and only course I've ridden. Turns 5,6,7 ate my rp4's but I loved revving the FZ on straights and the throttle roll coming out of the corners remind me of taking off in a plane. The lay out was planned well.I was able to work on my braking skills, look through the corners and test my FZ on the straight aways. Also a very cool kart track were you can rent karts, next time.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Glad to hear that you had a great time. STT is known throughout the industry as the company that has the absolute best Novice program and the focus is always on improving rider skills and providing a safe environment to do so. I've been an Instructor with them for the past five years, but CMP is a pretty long haul for us and we just worked the previous weekend at the new track in Bowling Green, KY........NCM. Hopefully I'll see you out on the track sometime. Our next event will be Barber Motorsports Park at the end of June.....27th and 28th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts