Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, my oil pan threads are stripped. The bolt itself is just fine, but the pan's threads are stripped. I am looking at getting a Time-Sert so I don't have this issue later down the road. The only issue is, I haven't been able to find the proper size. Does anyone know the oil plug size and pitch? I am assuming it is the same as most other Yamaha sport bikes, but I would like to be sure before I go out and start drilling into the pan. If anyone can find out the size, or point me towards the proper Time-Sert, I would be greatly appreciative :D

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, Crosshairs. I will get that kit as soon as I can. If possible, I will see if I can write up a post to document everything and to make it easier for people to find if/when they strip the oil pan.

If this is a common issue, I may just buy thousands of the inserts and travel the world repairing oil pans :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
You'd just have to change your last name to coil!:eagerness:
Thanks for the info, Crosshairs. I will get that kit as soon as I can. If possible, I will see if I can write up a post to document everything and to make it easier for people to find if/when they strip the oil pan.

If this is a common issue, I may just buy thousands of the inserts and travel the world repairing oil pans :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts