Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I hear almost like a "rubbing" noise. I've got 1100KM (683 miles) on the bike. I've done the first oil change. CCT?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Other than the mechanical 'whir' and the sound of your cam chain slapping on the guide, I can't really hear what you're referring to-on the video at least. Might be more pronounced standing next to it, though. I can definitely hear the unmistakeable sound of the cam chain slapping, though. If the rubbing you referenced is coming from the right side, it might be the clutch-these clutches are notoriously noisy, but normal. I would recommend adjusting your CCT manually to see if it is indeed a loose CCT.

*edit-Fizzer beat me to the clutch reference*

·
Registered
120 Posts
CCT,
Take back to where you got it. let them tighten it, drive it around the block and it will be loose again, take it back and they will order a new CCT
Mine took a week to come in (also Canadian eh), gets installed tomorrow.
Check out Fizzers kit. It takes a week or two to get across the border, but is worth it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I hear almost like a "rubbing" noise. I've got 1100KM (683 miles) on the bike. I've done the first oil change. CCT?

Can anyone tell me if the cause of the noise that the motor in this bike is making has been confirmed to be the CCT? I can't seem to find a solid answer but to me it does sound like a bad bearing. I've got 590 miles on my 15 FZ09.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
That's the infamous CCT rattle-there are many more examples of the same noise in the 'I got a Tick' thread. I haven't seen anyone with a '15 model posting that they had the same problem that the '14's had with the CCT...

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's the infamous CCT rattle-there are many more examples of the same noise in the 'I got a Tick' thread. I haven't seen anyone with a '15 model posting that they had the same problem that the '14's had with the CCT...
Thanks, but I read through some of that thread and others about CCT issues, and I couldn't find anything that sounded quite like what's in the video that Chasem posted. It could very well be the CCT, but it sounds so much like a bad bearing.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
No worries. This bike talks a lot to the rider-with many different mechanical noises. Once you've been the victim of these crappy CCT's, it's easier to discern the differences...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts