Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike makes a strange sqwarking noise on cold start. Seems to be related to the clutch as is dissipates when you pull the lever.

Not the usually triple noise. Or a clicking noise like the CCT.

But there's another noise which starts a little later. Isn't there immediately in the video.

It sounds almost a little like an accessory drive belt squeak.

·
Registered
646 Posts
My bike makes a pretty good rattle from the clutch area and gets worse when you pull the clutch in. I didn't hear any of those rattles in your video, just a normal kind of sound.
Is it still there after you plop it into gear? If gone I wouldn't worry

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Agreed-these clutches make more noise than any bike I've ever owned, and the few FZ's I've heard don't all make the same noises nor at the same volume. I also can't hear anything out of the norm in your video. Best to just monitor it and see if it changes or gets worse. Sorry can't be more help to you...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Nothing stands out to me - but I wouldn't expect that pulling in your clutch will make much of a difference when you're in neutral. If you think you're hearing your clutch then pull in the clutch and drop it into gear to see if the sound changes. The sounds will change anyway during warmup because the coolant, oil, and metal all warm up at different rates.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I have the same key chain...:)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Chirpy sounds before the engine warms up to operating temperature are cam chain sounds.Once the oil is warm and it's viscocity has dropped to normal operating viscosity,the CCT gets correctly pressurised and tensions the cam chain.
As long as the sounds go away when the engine is warm, it is nothing to be concerned about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts